Jio Airfiber

lot's of hassle, for housing societies where for every little work you need to permission from Society.. such type of connections is near to impossible, as they will not give permission if no commission from ....

if any one from Jio reading this now or in future, try to make a device like JioFi-4G for 5G, just a single device to keep in house no need for any permission from anyone ...

lot's of hassle, for housing societies where for every little work you need to permission from Society.. such type of connections is near to impossible, as they will not give permission if no commission from ....

if any one from Jio reading this now or in future, try to make a device like JioFi-4G for 5G, just a single device to keep in house no need for any permission from anyone ...
what kind of permissions from society? Are you talking about just 5g towers in particular or something else?

Yeah I'm also waiting for the simple indoor unit like what Airtel has.

The small JioFi style device will be too underpowered I feel to sustain high signal level but I could be wrong.
what kind of permissions from society? Are you talking about just 5g towers in particular or something else?

What about people staying in rented places...

True.
It is of no use to me too.

I was hoping for something like Jiofi dongle too. This is just same old style of installation.

What about people staying in rented places...
What places restrict people to use internet connections? I don't know.
I was asked/little bit pressured to get jiofiber in our society, I declined and continued with airtel. Ours is a small society though.

I mean the 5G signal catcher that installed over terrace (in open area) in that video, here in Mumbai/Thane/Palghar there are 10,000's or more buildings & societies where you can't even fix a single nail in wall without permission from Landlord, Owner, Society Committee etc. 10,000's are just number of buildings/societies and not the flat/rooms in that Building or complex.

I mean the 5G signal catcher that installed over terrace (in open area) in that video, here in Mumbai/Thane/Palghar there are 10,000's or more buildings & societies where you can't even fix a single nail in wall without permission from Landlord, Owner, Society Committee etc. 10,000's are just number of buildings/societies and not the flat/rooms in that Building or complex.
Damn. I don't want my city to become like this, but maybe it's on the way to become so.

What places restrict people to use internet connections? I don't know.
Lots of buildings in Mumbai. Airtel/JIO need NOC to put box in the building. In my building, builder refused to give NOC to any operator except the local one, with whom he must have had a tie up for commission. Even after he handed over the administration work to society, society people took 6-8 months to give NOC to Airtel. Now, almost after 4 years of living in Mumbai, for the first time I have the choice to get Airtel, other than local cable operator.

Mind you, I still can't get anything except Airtel as others will also need NOC, which the society will not give. The only way anyone else can come is if they're willing to bribe the secretary with something like a lifetime free connection.

Damn! This is like HOA style thing, which I thought was only rampant in the USA. Here in Ahmedabad, I've never heard of this anywhere. I own my property and I am going to put up anything I want on it. Even in flats, you can do whatever you want on your own balconies. For the shared terrace, you only need to make sure your dishes are not in any inconvenient places to hamper others.

Why do residents put up with such rules? I'm sure it bothers other residents too.

Lots of buildings in Mumbai. Airtel/JIO need NOC to put box in the building. In my building, builder refused to give NOC to any operator except the local one, with whom he must have had a tie up for commission. Even after he handed over the administration work to society, society people took 6-8 months to give NOC to Airtel. Now, almost after 4 years of living in Mumbai, for the first time I have the choice to get Airtel, other than local cable operator.

Mind you, I still can't get anything except Airtel as others will also need NOC, which the society will not give. The only way anyone else can come is if they're willing to bribe the secretary with something like a lifetime free connection.
So, if more people want some connection, obviously the providers will bribe/pay them. Damn this is like license raaj.

Damn! This is like HOA style thing, which I thought was only rampant in the USA. Here in Ahmedabad, I've never heard of this anywhere. I own my property and I am going to put up anything I want on it. Even in flats, you can do whatever you want on your own balconies. For the shared terrace, you only need to make sure your dishes are not in any inconvenient places to hamper others.

Why do residents put up with such rules? I'm sure it bothers other residents too.
Last year, my society decided to ban having plants altogether. Later when some people argued, they finally agreed to have plants only in balconies of individual flats. Further, everyone was asked to get jio fiber and they got it. I am the only one using different. Not sure how long they will allow me.
Societies are coming up with weird rules.

When you rent out your flats/places, be flexible with your tenants then :p

What does it mean? Dead person's assets?
if you want permission for something, give money in cash or kind or vote in their favor in meetings. Pay maintenance on time but NEVER complaint about society decision, shoddy works, wrong thing or do not dare to ask for Financial Details and raise concern over expenses

So, if more people want some connection, obviously the providers will bribe/pay them.
Possibly. Also likely that is more people want then society will be forced to give NOC. But the problem is, not enough people care about these things.

When I came here, I asked the cable person to give a 100 mbps connection. He refused saying he doesn't have the capacity and can't go over 50 mpbs. He further said that nobody in the building had over 15 mbps.

This was 2019. I had already been using 20 mbps since 2015 in Chennai, which was auto upgraded to 40 mbps in late 2016 by ACT.

I wish the outside LNB type thing was not needed. Though my society has Jio Fiber laid till home level, so it works fine.

Airtel airfiber seems much more convenient for people avoiding all that unit installation on terrace and all.

But its service is still catching up and only available in Delhi .

Today is 1st October 2023, is any one here on TE are able to get Commercial (not for testing but regular service) installation from Jio AirFiber ? How it is and what actual package/plan/price?

Today is 1st October 2023, is any one here on TE are able to get Commercial (not for testing but regular service) installation from Jio AirFiber ? How it is and what actual package/plan/price?
Plans are on their site. Same as normal fiber. I got a message that it'll get delayed.

Back