OC & Modding Japanese overclocker Booooon smashes 6 GHz barrier on Intel Sandy Bridge CPU

pegasus

Adept
Aug 18, 2010
Noticed it some days back but in case some missed it-

6003.38 mhz with Intel Core i7 2600K at 6003.4MHz on 03-Apr-2011

CPU-Z Validator 3.1

batch L103A975 Now, we have come back to competition along with this strong chip! We believe this is the sign of the new rise of Japan from this disaster. TEAM KATANA
Booooon's 6003.38 mhz CPU-Z run with Core i7 2600K @ 6003.4MHz

The final clock frequency landed at 6003 MHz and Booooon also managed to run through PiFast at 5994 MHz, which rseulted in the third fastest time in the world (12.25 sec), just barely beaten by Intel's hexa-core Core i7 980X CPU at 6.9 GHz.
Intel Core i7 2600K hits 6 GHz - www.nordichardware.com

While the world is still stunned and saddened by the tragic events that hit Japan on March 11, 2011, the Japanese spirit clearly does not falter. Booooon, a member of the Japanese overclocking team “Team Katanaâ€, used his Maximus IV Extreme motherboard to whip up a massive 6GHz (6003MHz exactly) world record on an Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge CPU. This astounding result was achieved at 1.688V Vcore with the BCLK set to 107.2MHz and CPU multiplier set to 56.

Booooon’s world record raises the bar for the difficult-to-push Sandy Bridge frequency limit. According to Booooon, “Without the Maximus IV Extreme, I could not have achieved the world’s first 6GHz record on an Intel Sandy Bridge Core i7-2600K. Naturally high CPU frequency can be scaled up by increasing CPU multiplier, but to get the ultimate speed, a higher CPU base clock (BCLK) is definitely the game decider. My experience with Maximus IV Extreme is that even on the edge of the CPU clocks, its BCLK still scales up very smoothly. In addition, Maximus IV Extreme easily sustains in low latency/higher ratio memory settings as well. Its excellent voltage regulation greatly helps on the stability in Vcore and Vddr etc., allowing me to concentrate just on overclocking without any other concerns. In conclusion, Maximus IV Extreme is the motherboard that can easily release the true overclocking power of the CPUâ€.
Welcome to Republic Of Gamers! - Blog

p.s. Please do try this at home. :p at your own risk

kartikoli

Skilled
Feb 6, 2010
Lucknow
Re: "Japanese overclcoker Booooon smashes 6 GHz barrier on Intel Sandy Bridge CPU"

p.s. Please do try this at home.
totally agree

thats some doing 6Ghz is too much .... i doubt we will see the same performance with buldozer

boogeyman

Adept
Mar 15, 2011
Re: "Japanese overclcoker Booooon smashes 6 GHz barrier on Intel Sandy Bridge CPU"

scudmissile007 said:
Just another marketing hype by asus.
Totally... I think the word "Maximus" appeared more times in the writeup than in the entire script of Gladiator :p

CA50

Skilled
Dec 26, 2009
GraveYard

In short "Maximum Speed" :)
That is some serious OC, what did they use LN:S