Is Vista better than XP?

Am thinking of migrating to Vista, but have got mixed responses on its comparison with XP. Can anyone give me their views on how they compare? is it worth moving to vista from xp? :huh:

regards,
Rosa

it needs a powerful pc to run....need lots of ram for games...so if u have a pc purchased in recent time go or vista...

and u can always dual boot........

xp is currently giving more performance in games...almost like 15 % sometime compared to vista.....

vista is needed only for directx 10 features of crysis.....for a very little visual enhancement.....which again required even more powerful pc to ran without lag.....XP has a slight advantage over Vista when it comes to DX9 performance, it is much more optimized for dx9 ....

if u r gamer, and having less config.. i would recommand u XP.. it can play games of less ram and config.. but Vista requires high..

Also, New comer to vista may get many many confusions than XP....

I used vista for about 2 months.. but i downgraded to XP Again...

Move to Vista if you want to show off the eyecandy, but you can do same with XP with a Vista Transformation pack.

If you play DVD's and video files, then vista's DRM implementation will screw you.

Vista was an OS made with these customers in mind:

Intel / AMD: so that they can sell faster processors

Seagate / etc: for faster and larger hard drives

RAM companies: for more RAM

Flash memory industry: ReadyBoost

Music / Video recording industry: DRM

So does vista not support directx at all? I mean if vista is shown to be a grt software, it is not so i feel after going through your comments. Continuing with my XP will be a better option. Of course i do have a 1gb ram in my lappy.

"So does vista not support directx at all?"

who said that? It supports all DX versions. But officially XP doesn't have DX10 support. DX10 is vista only ATM

rosa franklin said:
So does vista not support directx at all? I mean if vista is shown to be a grt software, it is not so i feel after going through your comments. Continuing with my XP will be a better option. Of course i do have a 1gb ram in my lappy.

Vista supports latest version of directX... Dx10
Marun

NO IT ISNT :D

microsoft killed vista when they announced the service pack 2 for XP
i also downgraded back to xp...
no real advantage for vista.... u like the eye candy for the first 2 weeks then u get sick of the OS :)

Back