PC Peripherals Is this config is ok!

Hi
I want to buy a PC this October. My budget is 32K to 33K. I have gone through TE and got an idea of my pc that suite my needs. I am going to watch movies, listen to songs, want to do projects in web based applications. I can game occasionally. I live at Chennai so I chose to include price as per deltapage.com. My dream pc config is,

Processor Athlon X2 5200+ -Rs 3650 (source : deltapage.com)
MB Gigabyte Ga-M78GM-S2H or ASUS M3A78EM - 4650
Ram Transcend 2x1GB 800Mhz - 1800
HDD 250GB seagate/WD - 2500
DVD writer LG/Liteon - 1200
Corsair VX450W - 3200
PC cabinet --- I am blank about this
KB+Mouse combo Logitech -- 725
UPS APC 650VA - 3175
Dell se198wfp - 9550

I have following doubts in my mind,

Which MB will suite my need Gigabyte or ASUS?
These MBs are Micro-ATX form factor, so I should choose only micro-Atx PC cabinet? I have come across only ATX cabinet in my search across net.
Whether I need 650VA Ups or 500VA is enough for my Corsair PSU?
I want your valuable suggestion on this also,
Which PC cabinet I have to go for?
(Please mention brands, model number and form factor)
Please suggest me a good performing 2.1 speakers also. My budget for this 1.5k to 2.5k
Thanks in advance.

jegadeesh_s said:
I want your valuable suggestion on this also,
Which PC cabinet I have to go for?
(Please mention brands, model number and form factor)
Please suggest me a good performing 2.1 speakers also. My budget for this 1.5k to 2.5k
Thanks in advance.

Guys I want your reply for the above questions also. Help...

go for an ATX cabinet, a micro-atx will leave you wanting for more space as you keep growing, a good ATX cabinet will serve you for years to come.

ATX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.formfactors.org/FFDetail.asp?FFID=1&CatID=1

Both the Gigabyte and Asus 780G boards are good VFM, the deciding factor would be connectivity options. iirc the gigabyte lacks displayport, ,however looking at the chioce of monitor you might not need it anyway. So it all boils down to the price factor. I haven't seen the asus yet, however the Gigabyte 7780g runs a lil too hot for my comfort, had to slap on a lil fan on top of the northbridge, (not to spread FUD but a lil care does help).

The board is serving my cousin real well, we've also done hybrid crossfireX with a 3450, and he only watches movies on his box, and occasional gaming.

For the cabinet, go for the CM elite series, very good entry level cabinet. I won't recommend a zebby bijli (the osum fav for budget cabbies) since you have enough moolah left for the case and that is a wise decision. For further discussion look at this thread

http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/need-cabby-parts-for-budget-rig-119157.html

http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/need-cabinet-on-budget-119365.html

Get the altec lansing vs4121, decent enough for the cost.

320GB seagate 7200.11 - 2600 net - Samta Infotech, KAJ plaza, Ritche street

Get a Zebronics Bijli for about 900-100 (without SMPS)
or Zeb Orion with 120mm sidefan for about same price

Thanks Sarang.

I want to know the UPS need for my config.

Will it be 500 VA or 650VA UPS?

I also want to know the brands apart from APC ups which I think is costly.

APC though initially seem costly you won't regret 'em in the long run. You can get a run of the mill ups, but then they have pesky software, connect through your serial port, which most likely we never connect.

APC service has been really good for me, even after the warranty period. Alternatively you can get a slightly lower priced HP as well, which won't disappoint you either. No experience with their service though.

Theres plenty good stuff to be done when you have a decent ups interface3 n drivers to go with it.

Back