Is it better to close Airtel IPTV connection 1199rs plan & go for MTNL ?

Hi,

I am using Airtel from past three years & using its IPTV services for almost a year.

I am using Airtel Triple play, 1199rs plan in which bill usually comes out to be 1400rs around including taxes & few calls, which is costing me very much.

Speed i m getting is 2mbps till 10gb download & 256kbps after that.

I m facing Torrent Throttling + FUP very badly. :mad:

Is there any good plan which i might use on Airtel?

Or any other service provider like MTNL / Tikona etc, which can give me good internet plan @ cheap rates. Not intrested in IPTV anymore, cablewallah is enough for me.

One more issue, the STB & remotes provided by Airtel in IPTV are used ones, i contacted CC for that but all in vain. Man who came for setup told me all these devices were used in Commonwealth Games recently held, so they are like new.:huh:

mjumrani said:
Who said MTNL service is crappy?
I have been using the same for years now and the total downtime in the last 2 months is NIL, last year is maybe an hour at best.
The only thing is the speed is bit less, like 2Mbps gives 1.8Mbps.

I've been using mtnl for the past 4 months or so, the total downtime I faced in the last 4 months was less than 30min max. I am on the 2mbps nu plan, my router syncs with their server only at around 1700-1800kbps. When I complain about this to mtnl, they only ask if my internet is working, If I say yes it is working they cut the call. I tried explaining to their engineer/lineman a number of times that I am on a 2mbps plan and my router should sync at 2048kbps with their server for me to get 2mbps speed, but they fail to understand and do nothing about it. So yes, their service is crappy. If you have a problem in your mtnl connection, it is very hard to get it resolved else it works well.

tejo said:
I've been using mtnl for the past 4 months or so, the total downtime I faced in the last 4 months was less than 30min max. I am on the 2mbps nu plan, my router syncs with their server only at around 1700-1800kbps. When I complain about this to mtnl, they only ask if my internet is working, If I say yes it is working they cut the call. I tried explaining to their engineer/lineman a number of times that I am on a 2mbps plan and my router should sync at 2048kbps with their server for me to get 2mbps speed, but they fail to understand and do nothing about it. So yes, their service is crappy. If you have a problem in your mtnl connection, it is very hard to get it resolved else it works well.

Call the nodal officer. Generally scares them enough if they are not fixing things. But I'm from Delhi so service experience can be different.

kick airtel from your house with pleasure i would say,i have a 4mbps plan from airtel with 30GB FUP and i also face throttling,so i guess no plan is safe from throttling.i also have the 1mbps plan from mtnl and it is pretty good,no downtime for me in the past months,no throttling at all and overall very good i would say.go with mtnl,or spectranet although i dont know how good is spectranet.

Thanx Sudhanshu, i will now initiate Disconnection of Airtel Braodband !!!

Hoping that retention dept. should give me some budget plan options before coming to disconnection.

Back