is it a good time to buy a MACBOOK PRO?

amar7

Disciple
hI guys,

I have to purchase a macbook pro 13" by next week. Is it a good time to purchase or should I wait? Few people are telling they are going to launch newer configurations..? How true is that?

I will be buying from ebay.in - There is an awesome weekly discount. I guess most of you have seen that. It costs around 57K.. This is the link..

Thanks

Sure go ahead,apple recently updated them.

You can always wait in terms of electronics,something bigger and better is always coming in due course of time.

But then its all a matter of your need.

amar7 said:
hI guys,

I have to purchase a macbook pro 13" by next week. Is it a good time to purchase or should I wait? Few people are telling they are going to launch newer configurations..? How true is that?

I will be buying from ebay.in - There is an awesome weekly discount. I guess most of you have seen that. It costs around 57K.. This is the link..
Thanks
Are you sure that this is the latest i5 processor(2nd gen)?

bro do keep in mind that for 57k you can get much more better laptop with discreet gpu and 1080p lcd.

you can check with sony's c series. click here to check the two model that fits in your budget.

The people might be talking about Macbook Air which is horribly obsolete now and will surely get an upgrade sometimes this month.

Macbook Pro - yes, it is. There won't be any upgrades for a year at least.

AFAIK Macbook Pro will get a total design overhaul in 2012 i.e. the unibody aluminium design of Macbook pro that apple is using for past few years is expected to undergo major changes. As @Sub pointed out, the Macbook Air is expected to get upgrade soon. But Macbook pro at 57K range sure seems to be tempting.

wow tats a lot of comments! My main requirements for a macbook pro is developing iPhone apps. I had one old mac mini with leopard installed, but sold that two months back... I will but it next week from the above mentioned ebay seller.

Hey red dragon, what do you mean by "Go ahead and buy it!!Lion is coming too!!Either tomorrow or on 14th!!" ???? Can I have Lion on my new mac? I guess Apple will give free upgrade to all leopard users......?

Should I wait for the new OS or get a macbook pro with leopard installed?

Thanks

Yes, you will most probably get a free upgrade as your buying it very close to the release date. Your new macbook will come with snow leopard and not leopard. Anyway, from what I have seen, Apple has very little or no copy protection, activation and other B.S. So you can go ahead and install Lion from "sources that we do not speak of"!

Finally got my macbook pro! I bought it from Imagine store (Mantri Square, Bnagalore). I got it for Rs.61,512 (student discount) :) Very happy with it :)

Thanks

^^Why?In fact it is available for even less,it is a matter of thorough search and some good bargaining skill.

But people still thinks Macs are expensive!!It is cheaper than T series think pads and decent latitudes.

Congrats :) :)

red dragon said:
Congrats!!Now save up some more and buy a ssd for the baby.

I won't suggest a SSD 'now' for following reasons:

1. You don't shutdown/restart MacBooks like we do with any other laptop. We on use sleep. So the startup and shutdown time is eliminated which is the major selling point of SSDs

2. Lion(or even Snow Leopard) is fast! Its snappy. You will not notice much of a difference with SSD unless you open any heavy apps like Photoshop etc.

3. SSDs are sh!t expensive. And you need to buy MINIMUM of 128GB as you can't use multiple Harddrives in laptops(unless you are going for Optibay stuff).

Its better you wait for ~8-9months or an year and buy the 256GB SSD.

Also try in grey market and will might get 5 to 10k cheaper.. Anyway MBP has international warranty, so a bill not required.. Just check the serial number and the warranty status online before buying ;)

I bought a MBP 2 years back for 90k whereas the showroom price was 105k ;)

Back