is it 64bit?

cooler2005

Disciple
guys!

what is 32bit os and 64 bit os dependent on ? the motherboard?? if the mobo does'nt support it would'nt install 64bit OS..?? or is it dependent on any other thing?

You were on the forum from last year right? You missed all the buzz surrounding win 7 i suppose.:-S
64 bit depends on the processor the instruction set in processor named x64 if included in it is a 64bit processor.

x64 or x86..?? btw my processor is intel i5-750....i'm sure it supports 64bit os...does'nt it? my mobo is intel h55tc...

why does it show 32 bit then??

cooler2005

A screen shot DXDiag and one of the My Computer-> Properties.

I think you have installed the x86 version itself and not x64 just a hunch.

How do you find the build number and revision number of any windows OS that you are running? If you right click My Computer and View Properties, you will only get to know the basic information of windows edition that you are running.But if you want to find the build number and revision number of your windows 7 or windows vista or any other windows OS, then you need to follow the below mentioned steps.

How to find windows version, build number and revision number?

* Click Start, type regedit and press Enter to open the Windows registry

* Navigate to the registry key – HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

On the right panel, you will find the key CurrentBuildNumber.The value of this key is your Windows Build Number. Then find a key called CurrentVersion and its value is your windows version i.e. the version of your windows vista, windows xp, etc. You will also find keys called EditionID and ProductId to know the windows edition and product id.

The key BuildLabEx containd build number and revision number.For example, in the value 6001.17387.x86fre.vistasp1_gdr.070927-1921, the first four digits stand for build number i.e. 6001 and the next five digits stand for windows revision number i.e. 17387. x86 tells you that you are running a 32-bit operating system.

so, whenever you want to find the Windows Version or Build Number, follow the steps outlined above to determine the same. Thereby ensure that you are running only a genuine build and not a fake one.

Here you will be able to find out what version you have installed.

Hope this helps.

Dude, if this is your system, you have Windows XP 32bit

EDIT: I see you mentioned installing Windows 7. Can you put up the two screenshots @Infected has mentioned then?

you know, there is revolutionary new search engine, for all your information needs. Hotlinks to wikipedia and dictionary.com, among others. Open exclusively at Google.com Simply key your required word near the blinking cursor and press 'Enter' and presto, you will find hundreds of references to terms you did not know! Try it today!

Still need more help. Follow the below link:

32-bit and 64-bit windows

was it so hard? :p

I answered this in original thread, but rather you thought posting another thread will change that. The answer is still same, isn't it.

Gaurish said:
...there is revolutionary new search engine, for all your information needs. ....Open exclusively at Google.com Simply key your required word near the blinking cursor and press 'Enter' ....Try it today!....
Man oh man; that's a seriously comic ad for google ;)
Hats off, gaurish :)

you know, there is revolutionary new search engine, for all your information needs. Hotlinks to wikipedia and dictionary.com, among others. Open exclusively at Google.com Simply key your required word near the blinking cursor and press 'Enter' and presto, you will find hundreds of references to terms you did not know! Try it today!
Exactly! Google provides 10,000 links for every search! Aren't they enough!

Back