Budget 21-30k is i3 6100 good enough ??

Syndicate

Recruit
So , thinking about updating my computer and i have no idea which processor to buy . Please take a look at my requirements.
I am new into computer programming and stuff, just started to code and kinda code all day long , i am into java,c++,scipting,php etc. Below is a list of software i gotta work with ,just wanted to know if i3 6100 is fast(super fast) with the below mentioned softwares :
1. Android studio
2. Android emulator(i hope i3 will open it faster)
3. Visual Studio (the latest one )
4. A bit of Photoshop

I kinda open up other application too while coding such as chrome for help and searching a bit of this and that & email, a music player(sometimes youtube), a pdf reader (Nitro PDF) is a must in my case for reference . So a little bit of multitasking as you read.

I dont game much but would also like to know that would i require a gfx for cs go (frame rate 30+ if possible & already have the game in steam) and if yes can a less pricy one good enough?

Last but not least how much ram would i need??

I ONLY NEED TO BUY RAM ,MOTHERBOARD & CPU (kolkata chandni, if u do know any good shops please let me know). Everything else i already have so ram+motherboard+cpu = 20-21 K max

If i am not through enough please do let me know what else i need to add.
Thank You

Last edited:
the i3 6100 is a very good entry-level processor.
It will also play CS:GO just fine, the game is actually not that graphics intensive.
Skylake processors such as the i3 6100 also makes use of a high memory bandwidth at factory settings which is also great. It also has 4 threads so they will handle basic multitasking just fine.
Get a basic motherboard like this http://www.amazon.in/Gigabyte-GA-H1...1_8?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1456942619&sr=1-8
with an 8 gigs of Value DDR4 RAM http://www.amazon.in/Crucial-PC4-17000-CT8G4DFD8213-Unbuffered-Performance/dp/B00MMLUYVU you'll be able to get them all under 20k.

Edit: there are two versions of that "Gigabyte H110M S2" motherboard, one supports DDR3 RAM and the other DDR4. Thought I should point that out. I found out just now.

Last edited:
Going to the computer store tomorrow , getting an i3 6100 , gigabyte B-150M motherboard with 4X1 DDR4 2133 Mhz , getting just 1 8GB DDR4 2133 Mhz vengeance at the moment . Is the above rig ok?? getting all at just 19000 in chandni vedant shop :)

Use this as a reference, this store is located in Kolkata.
i3 6100rs for 8820rs.
http://mdcomputers.in/intel-process...-lga-1151-socket-3m-cache-up-to-3-70-ghz.html

DDR4 RAM. 4GB costs 2k and 8GB 3k. Getting the 8GB is more worth.
http://mdcomputers.in/products/memory/ddr4-Memory?sort=p.price&order=ASC

the gigabyte ddr4 board is currently not in stock but costs around the same price as on amazon ie. 5.4k.
http://mdcomputers.in/products/moth...r4-2133mhz-memory.html?sort=p.price&order=ASC

so you'll be able to get them for only 16k'ish-17k'ish saving 2000-3000rs.

even I was thinking of the same configuration. just be sre which particular mainboards support DDR4. i would also suggest B150m over H110 based on the pricing and features

just be sre which particular mainboards support DDR4.
Its actually pretty simple to remember the model number of the motherboard's (which i suggested) support for DDR4 memory.
The model number is GA H110M S2 DDR4. The one which supports only DDR3 has a "DDR3" in place of the DDR4 in the model number.

Bought it previous Saturday, i3 6100 , 2400 Mhz 8Gb DDR4 vengeance & b150 M Gigabyte D3H model.
The mobo is awesome as it supports 4 slots of ram staggering upto 64 GB total & supports crossfire and the mobo costed just 7000 bucks INR. It automatically downgrades 2400 MHz 8GB corsair vengeance ram to 2133 Mhz and the ram is slick fast . All the application i am running works like a charm and super quick , using win 8 right now . Super Satisfied with the rig :)

Btw i bought it all from vedant , i think right now they quote the lowest price for everything :)

i3 6100 : 8200 bucks INR
8GB DDR4 Ram corsair vengeance : 3400 bucks INR
Gigabyte mobo chipset B150M 4 ram slots (upto 64GB) , amd crossfire suppot :) : 7000 bucks INR
5% vat
Total : 19,530 bucks INR
Best Deal :) Thank you all :)

Bought it previous Saturday, i3 6100 , 2400 Mhz 8Gb DDR4 vengeance & b150 M Gigabyte D3H model.
The mobo is awesome as it supports 4 slots of ram staggering upto 64 GB total & supports crossfire and the mobo costed just 7000 bucks INR. It automatically downgrades 2400 MHz 8GB corsair vengeance ram to 2133 Mhz and the ram is slick fast . All the application i am running works like a charm and super quick , using win 8 right now . Super Satisfied with the rig :)

Btw i bought it all from vedant , i think right now they quote the lowest price for everything :)

i3 6100 : 8200 bucks INR
8GB DDR4 Ram corsair vengeance : 3400 bucks INR
Gigabyte mobo chipset B150M 4 ram slots (upto 64GB) , amd crossfire suppot :) : 7000 bucks INR
5% vat
Total : 19,530 bucks INR
Best Deal :) Thank you all :)
+1 to this...

@Syndicate how is your experience with this configuration in Android Studio?

Currently I'm on old G630 (2.7GHz 2 cores/2 threads) and my experience with Android Studio is full of pain - 90-100% CPU load most part of the time, freezes, etc. Now I'm preparing for upgrade and not sure if I really need 4 cores of i5 by more than 50% cost increase or 4 HT "cores" are enough. I'd prefer to spend difference on additional RAM to be honest.

Upgraded to 16 GB ram and it working quite well , the load goes up when user simultaneous application is used when the simulator is open other than that , i have to say this processor is good enough :)

Back