Is HTC One S available in India?

vrd

Adept
Hi All,

I have been meaning to get a new Droid and I narrowed it down to either Galaxy S2 or HTC One S.

I am a bit partial to the One S given that it has ICE 4.0 compared to Gingerbread in the S2.

But my main concern is that I am not able to find HTC One S in any of my regular shops.
So my question is: is it available in India yet? I have found some articles like this saying that the One S will be released sometime in may.

Here's what a fellow member got as a reply from HTC:

guys a bad news
cry.gif
.. mailed HTC regarding the launch of One S and this is what i got as reply
"Thank you for choosing HTC.

We are dedicated in providing you the best quality service and answering your questions and concerns.

As per your email, we understand that you want to know when does HTC One S will going to launch in India.

We will surely assist you with it.

In this regard, we would like to inform you that as of now we don't have any information regarding the launched of the HTC One S in India. As there are no plans yet to released HTC One S in India and we don't want to give you any false information.

If it will released in India then you will get the information on our website and our facebook page.

Click on the link for our website : http://www.htc.com/in/

Click on the link for our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/htc

If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to email us or call us at our contact center 1800-266-3566, Mon to Sun – 9:00 am to 8:00 pm.

Thank you for your continued patronage.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Ashraf"

guess i have to stick around with my blade for 4 - 5 mnths more ..
rolleye17.gif

Source: http://www.techenclave.com/showthread.php?t=128801

So you may have to wait if you want HTC One S which is no doubt a good handset.

Hope this helps. :)

Here's what a fellow member got as a reply from HTC:
Source: HTC One Series Thread
So you may have to wait if you want HTC One S which is no doubt a good handset.
Hope this helps. :)

Don't go by the emails that those twerps write back. This happened sometime back and the phone in question launched a week after that reply was received.
So decide how many days you can wait. See if the One S comes out by that time; if not go for any other mobile you like,.

Don't go by the emails that those twerps write back. This happened sometime back and the phone in question launched a week after that reply was received.
So decide how many days you can wait. See if the One S comes out by that time; if not go for any other mobile you like,.

Then i hope one s launches soon and tht too with pretty tempting price tag :)

wts the logic behind launching it at 33k wen one can add some odd 1.5k and get a one x ??
HTC u played ur cards really well this year just dont wrap up like a B**** .. compete with S2 and get it near 27k ..

htc one s has got only 16gb internal memory n no expandable memory card slot,
so do u really want to splash ur 33k money on this phone, plz think again.
will the 16 gb internal memory be sufficient for all ur multimedia needs? i think u will get around 11 or 12 gb for final user use in tht 16 gb..

Hi All,

I have been meaning to get a new Droid and I narrowed it down to either Galaxy S2 or HTC One S.

I am a bit partial to the One S given that it has ICE 4.0 compared to Gingerbread in the S2.

But my main concern is that I am not able to find HTC One S in any of my regular shops.

So my question is: is it available in India yet? I have found some articles like this saying that the One S will be released sometime in may.

htc one s has got only 16gb internal memory n no expandable memory card slot,
so do u really want to splash ur 33k money on this phone, plz think again.
will the 16 gb internal memory be sufficient for all ur multimedia needs? i think u will get around 11 or 12 gb for final user use in tht 16 gb..

True. 33k does indeed sound ridiculous for this phone. I am also waiting to check if Lumia 900 becomes available soon.

HTC has done really good this year. They priced One X really well. They need to knock of couple of K's from One S and price it a little above S2, then U got a winner. One S def better than S2, The Krait processor gives One X a run for its money.

HTC has done really good this year. They priced One X really well. They need to knock of couple of K's from One S and price it a little above S2, then U got a winner. One S def better than S2, The Krait processor gives One X a run for its money.

but the non expandable memory makes it a lose , seriously man how much time does it take to fill up the 16 gb memory n out of tht i guess only 12 gb will be for user available

so the low fixed internal memory is its biggest draw back

Back