Car & Bike Is Fazer a good bike for traffic?

karizma.r2008 said:
WTF, i have white r15 which is my 2nd and current bike. my first bike was karizma r which i sold off. they never asked for so much of documents. just a voter card is enough here in kolkata and hero honda asked a ration card additional to the voter card. and i directly did not went to register the bike, in both the cases i gave the bike to the showroom and they took it to register it which is only 2hour process. i think you need to look out for a different showroom.

BTW, are you trying to purchase the bike in cash or credit?
vantheman5211 said:
^^ exactly .look for another showroom to be fair unless he is cutting you a good discount.
Konquerror said:
Whatever kamer is saying is true...vehicle registration rules are strict in Mumbai...no other show room can help...he will have to produce a valid address proof of Mumbai...I've been there...experienced that...
ggt said:
Maybe the recent spate of blasts happening with the vehicle being a 2 wheeler might have added the documentation.
Guess you have to bear that.

Yup. In Mumbai they have been too strict. Forget other showroom for same bike, I even tried contacting a Bajaj dealer posing as a potential Bajaj Avenger customer and same reply. Had to open a new bank a/c. Lets see if those documents work.

And I am buying it in cash (check payment :D) not on loan... Actually was saving money for a 4 wheeler but decided against it since it is of no use in Mumbai traffic. Bike would be faster to reach office. Plus the petrol costs!!!!!:mad:

Anybody would suggest me a good color for Fazer for the time being??? I am inclined towards Lava Red but open to suggestions.

Konquerror said:
I have Lava Red...new color scheme looks awesome...White is good too :)
I am talking about the new scheme lava red itself. Too bad blue is not in the new scheme. White is good but the issue is that the slightest of dirt will spoil the looks. And given Mumbai rains, the roads are muddy for atleast 3 months a year.

Update....

Now they ask me for police verification. I am like God!! I opened a new bank a/c for address proof, ran after the lawyers to get my papers notarised.. And now this.... I DONT WANNA BUY IT ANYMORE....... A ** PASSPORT DOESNT TELL U I AM CLEAN!!!!

kamer said:
I dont think I will be able to buy one here unless I have a permanent address..

A valid HR letter and a House lease agreement should do.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

karizma.r2008 said:
5months? :rofl:
this is insane.
My friend has booked a Thunderbird and delivery is next June :lol:

Booked this July :bleh:

Apart from pulsar series for every other bike(150cc +) there is a wait time of 1-2 months.

kamer said:
Thank you all for your valuable inputs. Went to book my bike yesterday. Damn irritating experience. I dont have a permanent address in Mumbai. For registration, i gave them a copy of my passport, PAN Card, Voter ID... all registered to my native address and a copy of the rental agreement. They are like- Do you have a electricity bill in your name at the address you are staying.... I said no.. Any bank a/c by that address... no.... Sorry, you cant buy a bike :no: I am like:huh: People who do not have a permanent address in Mumbai cant buy a vehicle!!!!! :mad: They said rules are rules. I now need to open a bank a/c with my current address, get a letter from my firm's HR stating i work there and my address is bla bla....Give them a copy of electricity bill with the name of owner as per my rental agreement.. And passport copy attested (notary). Then they will get my vehicle registered via WAP (Without Address Proof).... :mad:... Insane I say... Taking almost all docs I have and registering my vehicle via WAP!!! Guess I will have to wait for my vehicle. Will take time to open bank a/c and all... :( What an experience... Imagine.... Even passport is not a valid document if its not issued in Mumbai!!! A document issued by GOI after so much verification!!!!!

I can understand what you have gone through. I went through the same -- its all rubbish only Yamaha does it. I live on rent in Ahmedabad but luckily one of my bank savings account, my passport and pan card are issued to my Ahmedabad address. Now Yamaha created a massive scene by saying I couldn't have the bike and it won't clear RTO passing. Also the bike I chose to buy, Yamaha SZ wasn't worth all the trouble so I got myself a Pulsar 135 LS and all Bajaj wanted were the usual set of documents, I paid the money upfront and took delivery of the bike instantly and tbh my Pulsar is way better than the Yamaha in terms of performance, mileage and build quality. The Yamaha finance people were asking for 9 blank cheques! Bajaj asked for 2 blank cheques (for the same loan period). Also the loan approval for my Pulsar was instantaneous (took 30 mins in all) as I bought an AC from Croma with Bajaj finance and cleared the loan payment. Yamaha (Busan Auto Finance) also levies a lot more interest than Bajaj does. Similarly you need to pay 4.5% of the total cost of the bike as well as a loan closure fee+processing fee in addition to the outstanding amount should you choose to pay off the outstanding installments after the loan lock in period which is 6 months for Yamaha. Bajaj requires you to wait for 3 months of the lock in period for the loan and then you can pay off the entire amount in a single payment without any processing fee or loan closure fee or any additional interest on the outstanding amount. Yamaha's finance schemes are sheer madness!

BTW a recent credit card bill to your address in Mumbai should do as well. Try that.

Yamaha's requirements while booking the bike irrespective of you taking it on loan or paying upfront(applicable if you live on rent in a city which isn't your native city):-
[1] 3 passport sized photographs
[2] Notarized rent agreement with the photograph of the tenant and the owner attested and signed by both parties
[3] Passport/Pancard/Voter ID/Ration card
[4] Latest Credit card bill
[5] Passbook of your account in a bank of the city your are currently residing in
[6] Latest Electricity Bill issued with the name of your flat owner
[7] Affidavit signed from local police station as proof confirming your residence in the above mentioned documents (upto Rs.500 to be paid as bribe)
[8] 6 months bank statement of the account of the local bank
[9] Proof of workplace and a letter from the HR
[10] Latest salary slip
[11] 9 cheques (8 blank one cancelled) from your savings account with the local bank
[12] Proof of your permanent address with any of these documents ( Passport/Pancard/Voter ID/Ration card ) and electricity bills with your name on it
[13] Postpaid mobile phone bill (latest)
[14] Municipality water bill or gram panchyat bill or a receipt from the housing society for maintenance of the flat,etc or the possession letter of the flat the builder issued to the flat owner
Bajaj's requirements while booking the bike irrespective of you taking it on loan or paying upfront(applicable if you live on rent in a city which isn't your native city):-
[1] 2 passport sized photographs
[2] Notarized rent agreement
[5] Passbook of your account in a bank of the city your are currently residing in (used as address proof)
[6] Latest Electricity Bill
[7] 3-6 months bank statement of the account of the local bank
[8] Proof of workplace and a letter from the HR
[9] Latest salary slip
[10] 1 cancelled cheque and 2 blank cheques

get fazer dude...
as for the colour get the white one, check my thread

fazer makes you feel comfortable and pretty sexy,...
the only downside compared with fz is Faring cause that weight around 6kg that reduces performance and mileage compared with fz...
but it gives you the look, aerodynamics, comfortable and pleasure to ride(a real touring spirit)

i get mine on 8th day,,, paid full cash but the poor thing is they raised 2 percent tax on that day(from 12.5 to 14.5%), so paid 84800... one day...

hope you have pleasurable ride..

sunny27 said:
I can understand what you have gone through. I went through the same -- its all rubbish only Yamaha does it. I live on rent in Ahmedabad but luckily one of my bank savings account, my passport and pan card are issued to my Ahmedabad address. Now Yamaha created a massive scene by saying I couldn't have the bike and it won't clear RTO passing. Also the bike I chose to buy, Yamaha SZ wasn't worth all the trouble so I got myself a Pulsar 135 LS and all Bajaj wanted were the usual set of documents, I paid the money upfront and took delivery of the bike instantly and tbh my Pulsar is way better than the Yamaha in terms of performance, mileage and build quality. The Yamaha finance people were asking for 9 blank cheques! Bajaj asked for 2 blank cheques (for the same loan period). Also the loan approval for my Pulsar was instantaneous (took 30 mins in all) as I bought an AC from Croma with Bajaj finance and cleared the loan payment. Yamaha (Busan Auto Finance) also levies a lot more interest than Bajaj does. Similarly you need to pay 4.5% of the total cost of the bike as well as a loan closure fee+processing fee in addition to the outstanding amount should you choose to pay off the outstanding installments after the loan lock in period which is 6 months for Yamaha. Bajaj requires you to wait for 3 months of the lock in period for the loan and then you can pay off the entire amount in a single payment without any processing fee or loan closure fee or any additional interest on the outstanding amount. Yamaha's finance schemes are sheer madness!

BTW a recent credit card bill to your address in Mumbai should do as well. Try that.

Yamaha's requirements while booking the bike irrespective of you taking it on loan or paying upfront(applicable if you live on rent in a city which isn't your native city):-

[1] 3 passport sized photographs

[2] Notarized rent agreement with the photograph of the tenant and the owner attested and signed by both parties

[5] Passbook of your account in a bank of the city your are currently residing in

[6] Latest Electricity Bill issued with the name of your flat owner

[7] Affidavit signed from local police station as proof confirming your residence in the above mentioned documents (upto Rs.500 to be paid as bribe)

[8] 6 months bank statement of the account of the local bank

[9] Proof of workplace and a letter from the HR

[10] Latest salary slip

[11] 9 cheques (8 blank one cancelled) from your savings account with the local bank

[12] Proof of your permanent address with any of these documents ( Passport/Pancard/Voter ID/Ration card ) and electricity bills with your name on it

[13] Postpaid mobile phone bill (latest)

[14] Municipality water bill or gram panchyat bill or a receipt from the housing society for maintenance of the flat,etc or the possession letter of the flat the builder issued to the flat owner
Bajaj's requirements while booking the bike irrespective of you taking it on loan or paying upfront(applicable if you live on rent in a city which isn't your native city):-

[1] 2 passport sized photographs

[2] Notarized rent agreement

[5] Passbook of your account in a bank of the city your are currently residing in (used as address proof)

[6] Latest Electricity Bill

[7] 3-6 months bank statement of the account of the local bank

[8] Proof of workplace and a letter from the HR

[9] Latest salary slip

[10] 1 cancelled cheque and 2 blank cheques

Thank You for providing detailed insight. I really appreciate the time and energy you have invested in writing the excellent post. However, in Mumbai, same is the scene with Bajaj as well (documentation). As far as financing is concerned, I am making an upfront payment so cheque and all is not applicable to me. Your post seems to suggest Yamaha has these paper requirements. However, registration is done at RTO and the documents are for submission at the RTO. So I really am confused why Yamaha and Bajaj treated you differently. Yamaha wont get anything out of it by asking extra docs other than losing customers.

But will visit a Bajaj Showroom next week if Yamaha doesnt find out a way to sell their bike. If Bajaj seems ok, will go for Avenger :D

gREen said:
get fazer dude...

as for the colour get the white one, check my thread

fazer makes you feel comfortable and pretty sexy,...

the only downside compared with fz is Faring cause that weight around 6kg that reduces performance and mileage compared with fz...

but it gives you the look, aerodynamics, comfortable and pleasure to ride(a real touring spirit)

i get mine on 8th day,,, paid full cash but the poor thing is they raised 2 percent tax on that day(from 12.5 to 14.5%), so paid 84800... one day...

hope you have pleasurable ride..

Thank you buddy. Lets us see. First let them agree to register the bike. As of now, I have almost lost interest in buying it.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ramanujpatro said:
A valid HR letter and a House lease agreement should do.

It doesnt. Submitted a copy of rental agreement (notarised one), a copy of bank statement, passport, PAN, Voter ID, Electricity bill (in name of owner). HR letter also wont be useful. They insist on a police verification. Would have got it done too but not sure if their demands will stop at this. Tomorrow they might ask for something else!!! :mad:

When I bought my FZ16 (long back - I booked before launch of FZ in India, Oct 2008) in Mysore, they agreed to take LIC Policy as address proof.

All I had to make some cheap LIC Policy - (but it helped later on with taxes. :p - ek goli se do sikar :D )

But later I came to know some court affidavit (can be made for 150~200 bucks) for your present address also works for vehicle registration.

But again, those are the rules in Mysore, Karnataka. May be different in Mumbai.

kamer said:
Hi guys. I am going to buy a new bike soon. I am really confused between FZ-S and Fazer. I need the bike for city commuting mainly, rarely going beyond 60 kmph. I know FZ is better for cutting through traffic but the looks of Fazer are just killing!! I needed to know if Fazer is really bad for traffic (standalone- please dont compare it with other bikes). Also I would be travelling 22-25 km daily (to and fro office) and at times a pillion (on weekends) :D I am 5'4.5'' and 80 kgs. Would Fazer be a good bike for me? I stay in M\/mb@i- T0wns1d3.

If you can afford Fazer, it is a great buy compared to FZ-S. You can find a lot of info here: Yamaha Fazer Review And Photos

Booked Yamaha Fazer Cyber Green today. :clap: Expected delivery within 30-45 days.

Yamaha-Fazer-Black-Cyber-Green-1.jpg

image source - Yamaha Fazer – Black Cyber Green

Among 13 bikes in my budget, narrowed down to Fazer as it ticked most of my requirements. Among the scooters, TVS Wego was the winner. TVS has made one hell of a product here, very comfortable ride, refined engine and highly chuckable, though a little slow in pick up.

The final battle between TVS Wego and Yamaha Fazer was a tough one. Wego for all its practicality looked like a great choice, but since I had a fair bit of highway running (about 50% of total running), decided a bike is anyday better for stability and safety.

When I was at the Yamaha showroom in Ahmedabad recently looking for a bike, I saw that people took delivery of their bikes(any bike) on the spot. I don't understand why there is such a long waiting period. If I am not mistaken, Ahmedabad has the largest number of two wheelers in India (according to some dealerships). Bikes here are available on the spot after you book them. I paid for my Pulsar 135 and went to the basement of the dealership and rode away with my bike.

There is no waiting period for Pulsar in Mumbai too...however there is a waiting period of 45 days for Yamaha...however in my case they delivered the bike in 15 days :D

Back