Monitors IPS monitors

r1ahul

Recruit
Hey guys,
I currently use a 32" LG TV as my monitor on my PC. I need a second monitor for productivity reasons so I'm looking to buy 2 new monitors.
I need a few features on my new monitors:
1. Panel - IPS
2. Size - 24" or 27" (preferably 27")
3. Response time - 5ms or less preferably (Max 8ms)
4. Resolution - 1080p (preferably) or 1440p
5. Refresh rate - 60hz (preferably)

My budget for both of them combined is ₹40,000 though I can stretch it a little bit depending on what the product is. Any suggestions? Please leave a link to the monitor product page or let me know the exact model number so I can look it up. Also, the price of the monitor would also be appreciated :)

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I currently use a 32" LG TV as my monitor on my PC. I need a second monitor for productivity reasons so I'm looking to buy 2 new monitors.
I need a few features on my new monitors:
1. Panel - IPS
2. Size - 24" or 27" (preferably 27")
3. Response time - 5ms or less preferably (Max 8ms)
4. Resolution - 1080p (preferably) or 1440p
5. Refresh rate - 60hz (preferably)

My budget for both of them combined is ₹40,000 though I can stretch it a little bit depending on what the product is. Any suggestions? Please leave a link to the monitor product page or let me know the exact model number so I can look it up. Also, the price of the monitor would also be appreciated :)
LG 32MN58H 32" LED IPS Monitor -http://www.amazon.in/LG-32MN58H-31-5-inch-Full-HD-Monitor/dp/B01MYTIIHB?tag=googinhydr18418-21 @ 18.8k

@Emrebel The monitor looks good, although it is a bit pricey for its size. Do you think 10bit monitors are worth the premium over decent 8bit IPS panels?
@bssunilreddy I cant fit a second 32inch monitor on my desk, just don't have the space for it.
@thatsashok I'll be gaming on one and watch videos/work on the other. I want the same monitors for desk symmetry.

@Emrebel The monitor looks good, although it is a bit pricey for its size. 10 bit monitors look really good but there's a serious dearth of 10 bit content so spending on it seems a bit redundant IMO.
@bssunilreddy I cant fit a second 32inch monitor on my desk, just don't have the space for it.
@thatsashok I'll be gaming on one and watch videos/work on the other. I want the same monitors for desk symmetry.
LG 24MP88HM 24" LED IPS -15500.
Link:http://www.ebay.in/itm/262075809771?aff_source=Sok-Goog
Use Coupon "SAVERS1000" to get a discount on ebay.in

Really depends on your usage requirements..
Since I see you mentioned casual gaming +work , so ya it might be bit overkill.
The monitor works good if you work in 3d , designer or editing..Also prices seem to bump after gst

The monitor doesn't seem to have a lot reviews.PS I think 27' screen is bit bigger for 1080p, you might see pixels.
I had recommend the model suggested by @bssunilreddy
Also what hardware are you using?

The monitor doesn't seem to have a lot reviews.PS I think 27' screen is bit bigger for 1080p, you might see pixels.
I had recommend the model suggested by @bssunilreddy
Also what hardware are you using?

I'm using a 1080p 32" screen right now and the pixels are fine. The color reproduction isn't good though, which is more of a concern. Then again, its not an IPS panel.
The monitor suggested by @bssunilreddy looks great, love the thin bezel and is #2 on my list right now. I'm leaning towards the other one because its bigger, has FreeSync and isn't much more expensive. Its listed as new on LG's website so I'm hoping the reviews will come out soon.

My system is aging although I did change my graphics card recently. Specs:
CPU: i5 2500k at 4.5 Ghz
RAM: 8 GB Corsair Vengeance at 1333 Mhz
MB: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
Graphics Card: MSI RX 480 Gaming X
Storage: 120gb SSD Samsung 840, 4TB WD HDD

No issue, it comes down to personal choice and preference.
System is fine. I too have i5 2500k
Also as you have rx 480, monitor will benifit from Amd Freesync

Back