IPL bids !

-nsan-ty

Adept
May 10, 2006
ANDREW SYMONDS, the nemesis of the game in India, has become one of that country's highest paid Twenty20 stars after local franchise Hyderabad bid $US1.35million ($1.47m) yesterday to secure his services for the Indian Premier League.
The man who was racially abused the last time he played in the country and who was at the centre of the bitter Harbhajan Singh dispute, attracted almost three times that of Australia captain Ricky Ponting ($US400,000).

The players will only receive the full amount if they play in any of the tournaments over the next three years. Symonds and Ponting both have national duties and cannot play for the next two years unless schedules change.

More Here

All i can say is Big Money, Big Games;)

v1gnesh

Adept
Nov 29, 2006
In a few more years,

"Saar, Dhoni 6 crores.. Pathan 3.8crores.. both for 15 crores.. choose your player.. "

WT* , is this a game or some players for sale ..

cricfan

Adept
Jul 27, 2007
i miss Kevin Pietersen..........he opted out...and all englishmen did the same....regarding imitating cnuts....following is more like it...its a normal business model..whats wrong in it.....

Checksum

Skilled
Aug 3, 2005
IMHO all these big names don't matter much. Sure its intimidating, and you can show off, but in Twenty 20, its just hit-with-eyes-closed cricket. I feel anyone can do good in it.

And if it does help cricket, i guess there is nothing wrong in being commercial. Football has had this model for so many years now, and it is doing good. So lets just wait and watch what happens.

universal

Adept
Oct 8, 2007
BCCI total income frm IPL is ~ 7500 Cr

Players r getting only single digit Cr Rupya....

Everyone knows .......which people(members of bcci) r goin to earn more....

greenhorn

Patron
Dec 29, 2005
every day, cricket becomes more of entertainment , and less of sport. Wonder when it will be like WWE , and have a script for everything, including for what happens off the turf. :|

KingKrool

Skilled
Mar 16, 2005
The question is: will the BCCI plough this money back into domestic cricket? If not, then the thing should be scrapped.

Freefrag

Adept
Sep 4, 2005
they have never invested their profits in domestic cricket all the money will be goin in Pawar's pocket........

cyberjunkie

Adept
Nov 13, 2005
Oh! the joys of cricket. Batsman stands all day, hits 1 out of 10 balls hard enough so one of the several fielders can run a little bit. Rest of the day they stand there either scrubbing the ball or adjusting their tools. All day this goes and in test matches even more! 20/20 formats, world cup's where a small fraction of the countries in the world actually cares to participate and now leagues. Ah....the hype and desperation. So much fun.... :rofl:

cricfan

Adept
Jul 27, 2007
any info abt golf,baseball ...how many nations follow it and thr amount of money in the game...so india shud follow the world in selecting a game..to follow...

this "cricket sucks" wannabe crowd..........:lol:

greenhorn

Patron
Dec 29, 2005
Well, i for one have been in the cricket sucks club since the benson and hedges cup came , and all my friends stopped playing football and started playing cricket :mad:

cricfan

Adept
Jul 27, 2007
50 overs stuff can b boring....20/20 entertaining....an even test match ..if u have time on your hands..is the best...Ashes 2005...the best ever..hardly missed 10 overs in that series..