iPhone or Android.

vortex_mak

Disciple
Dec 17, 2007
IN the footsteps of the voting thread about the diversity of Android devices here, I have now decided to take a headcount of iPhone and Android devices.

Warning: Please do not post any messages. Just vote.

Request to moderators : Can this thread be made voting only?
If not, I request you to lock the thread if it turns into a battlefield.

vortex_mak

Disciple
Dec 17, 2007
ha ha.. I know, khanvis, I just witnessed the Mahabharat in the other thread. You are in the clear, now lets see what desiibond has to say :p

Its supposed to be only for people who have any of the two devices so I didnt keep a third option. It would have been a walkover if I had put a Symbian option :)

khanvis - you forgot to vote

khanvis2009

Disciple
Mar 11, 2010
Just one problem . iPhones are still unaffordable for many ..desirable but unaffordable . So u may get many androids . But let's see .

vortex_mak

Disciple
Dec 17, 2007
khanvis2009 said:
Just one problem . iPhones are still unaffordable for many ..desirable but unaffordable . So u may get many androids . But let's see .
Thats not a problem, you can say that is also a metric , affordability is always a factor.

Disclaimer: The above statement was just an observation about polls, not a point for any device.

(With such an explosive mix, a 'chingari' is enough for a conflagration. hence the disclaimer :D)

vortex_mak

Disciple
Dec 17, 2007
khanvis2009 said:
Poll should be more like which os do u want rather than which one do u have .
Just to keep the thread from going haywire, I won't say anything.

In all your posts you have been second guessing me.

You are free to start your own poll as you want it.

RS4

Skilled
May 16, 2010
India
Affordability is the main factor in phone purchasing decision,this poll doesnt make any sense by comparing expensive iphone vs all android(midrange-highend) phones :bleh: Here you should have included symbian phones as well if you want to check the phone ownership stats.
It would have been better as: Like/Want an android or iphone?

vortex_mak

Disciple
Dec 17, 2007
I am not checking phones. I am just checking platform stats. Real world platform stats, that is, instead of hypothetical questions.

The problem with "Want" is that everyone would go in for the most expensive/bling/famous device. Is it better to have the stats from people who have researched and weighed the options and taken a call. As I said, affordability is also a metric.

Anyway, the thread is already active. It cant be edited now, so no use of suggesting options. One of you can start another one, if you really want.

One solution is maybe people can post here that they would have gone for an iphone instead of Andriod, if twas affordable

agantuk

Skilled
Aug 1, 2009
I think the word should be 'VFM' and not affordability. Affordability is the ability to buy, which need not necessarily translate into a purchase. I can afford the iPhone 4, but I wouldn't go for it since it is not VFM IMO. Likewise with other consumer products too.

unni

Adept
Jul 7, 2008
Kerala/Karnataka/US
:ashamed: Sorry guys. Don't kill me for this. I voted for Android thinking that the poll is about which you like better. Didn't read the title properly. I own neither of them.

agantuk

Skilled
Aug 1, 2009
^ Since you own both, what would you say about the touch experience on both, which is faster? I am not asking about which one looks better, but which opens up faster, transitions faster, and is simpler in terms of opening up or accessing applications.

JayMathers

Diablo's Rapier
Disciple
Aug 4, 2008
Ghaziabad, India
techshoot.in
iPhone, Have used all the models and it is amazing to see that an organization is actually doing hell lot of research and reviewing their older technology every time as per the industry standards. And by the looks & functions of it, iphone undoubtably deserves the price tag that it comes with.

Its like Toyota Corola or the famous 911. They hall have kept the same look and feel, however upgrading it to the latest industry standards and keeping it at par with the competition.

At the other end the Android is again a great effort of research in accordance to the flexibility to upgrade and the open source app dev is another great add on feature to it, however I have used both the OS and at any point of time i like the Iphone's easy OS where you get everything on the home screens.

Have owened all the iphones and currently have a FU iPhone 32GB Black, and am more then happy with it. And there is no competition to iTunes.

For Me - iPhone.

Superfrag

Adept
Aug 25, 2006
www.head-fi.org
agantuk said:
^ Since you own both, what would you say about the touch experience on both, which is faster? I am not asking about which one looks better, but which opens up faster, transitions faster, and is simpler in terms of opening up or accessing applications.
iOS = Android 2.2 >> 2.1

iOS was on iPhone 4, 2.2 on MyTouch 3G, and 2.1 on my Vibrant. But my Vibrant comes really close after applying the lag fix.