iphone from US works here?

devilishevil

Disciple
Im thinkin of ordering an iphone from the US... But if i get one, it ll hav AT&T service...which obviously wont be working in india... IS it possible to crack the new 3g to work on other service providers??

hmm, ATM, all the iphones can be unlocked or atleast can be jailbroken right now using ultrasn0w, redsn0w exploits by iphone dev team... It depends, which one you buy, 3g or 3gs..

Please refer this link - Dev-Team Blog

my neighbour got one from Australia but after a few days it got corrupted so I had to upload the 3.0 OS firmware again.

after doing it, I jailbroke the iphone myself (which i had never done in my life) and the neighbor knew how to unlock the phone without any hardware mod (some ppl talk abt a type of sim card mod)..now its working fine.

the point is its very easy to do it. and i think jailbreak and unlock for 3gs is already available...look around..

Gurpartap Singh said:
mostly all(except a few from optus etc) iphones in australia are factory unlocked

Maybe, but when i reinstalled the firmware from itunes, it was not working....first it asked me to insert the sim card, and when i inserted it, it gave a message that only official sim cards work. so in this case the phone did not start up at all!

after jailbreaking it, I was able to start up the phone, even without sim card and was able to download and use apps from the app store. so atleast it was working like a ipod touch should.

Back