[Iphone 3G] vs. [HTC Pro2] vs. [HTC Hero] vs. [HTC HD].. which to buy?

Freinds, thanks for your input.
The consensus seems for a first time smartphone user there is nothing to touch the ease and versatility of Iphone 3G.
But some upcoming phones :-

1) Motorola Droid 3.7inch screen with thinnest keyboard and android 2.0 ( hmm....in US only and that too CDMA only)

2) Motorola Droid Milestone ( in Europe and also US.. GSM ver of droid .. WOW !)

3) HTC HD 2 ( the upcoming 4.3 incher .. the coup of century would be if this phone is released with an android OS.... tough propostion)

4) Of course the Iphone 3G S ..... the topper of all....

so when some phone will come with a 32GB touch phone Iphone would release a Iphone 64GB with 3G SS( whats that ... superspeed ?) with 5-8.0MP camera etc etc..
so then rest of the phones will try to catch up with that...:rofl:

5) HTC Hero ver 2.0 or whatever it will be called next...... the most refined android..

Note : HTC HD 2 and Motorola Droid Milestone are up for takers by this christmas .. damage around 42-50k.. check on ebay.com and other sites.

@desijames

The MotoDroid is going to be launched in Europe and Asia as Motorola Milestone. This will be the GSM variant. So you can think about that too.

The HD2 will not be launched with Android, as it is a confirmed WinMo device. :(

If you are in any way inclined towards hacking your phone/device, then my I suggest the Nokia N900? Based on Maemo 5, a Debian variant for mobile devices, with GTK based UI, it promises to be the uber geek handset. And Maemo is here to stay, and it will only get better from here. Even I am waiting for this phone to saturate the market before I take the plunge.

Regarding HTC Hero with Android 2.0 (Eclair), the upcoming phone you are looking for is the HTC Dragon (GSM)/Passion (CDMA). It has great potential as HTC are working on updating their Sense UI to work with Android 2.0. Oh btw, it also has a Snapdragon processor hidden inside it. :)

Finally, I am in pretty much the same dilemma. But my choice of phone will depend on which carrier I go with, as I will be heading off to the US very soon. If I am going for GSM, then I would like either the Nokia N900 or the HTC HD2, and if I am going with CDMA, then it would probably be the Motorola Droid or the HTC Passion, which is going to be released sometime in December. Do tell me which phone you go for, so that I can get some good pointers. :)

i dont think der is any fone other dan d iPhone dat has d capacity to bear a 32GB........ :D
even if u fill d fone to 32GB der will nt b any change in d performance......:eek:hyeah:

so go for it u'll njoy n jst upgrade from 3G to 3GS to 4G n so on..... :cool2:

since i havent ever used the iphone i cant comment bout it.
have used lots of winmos & symbian devices.
last symbian being Omnia HD.
if any1 is luking for only multimedia fone Omnia HD is gr8 (u even get cooked roms for it).
currently using Touch HD.till now its gr8, running both WinMO 6.5 & Android 1.6.
The latest ver of WinMo 6.5 (Build 28008) is gr8.
if u want a fone that u can play around with & not get bored with the plz get a WinMo based fone like HD/Pro2/HD2.

i would recommend touch hd in case keyboard not required,touch pro ii in case you need board. hero is good too but windows os stands winner in any case due to its tweaking power..good luck pal..

@phoenix: i just checked out N900 - promising platform - but i will wait for next year's new device with maemo6... at the moment a few annoyances ... UI is not 100% smooth as apple's (i own ipod touch 2g) and the resistive touchscreen requires you to press firmly - again not as smooth as apple's capacitive screen.

but for those who dont mind its a very nice device, not to bulky but well built also. plenty of videos/blogs out there, check out maemo.nokia.com and conversations.nokia.com and also search youtube for hands-on videos to get a real idea of the device...

i am waiting to try out Moto Milestone... but it also has similar specs to N900 so I guess screen will be an issue...

i am sad that a crap company/platform (apple/iphoneOS) is really the smoothest/slickest/simplest device out there... yes you cant tinker and are locked in... but still...

top of my wishlist are N9xx and whatver latest android device is out there next year...

personally i am simply drooling at maemo/N900 with linux and the upcoming QT platform (C/C++, Python etc... )

Back