CPU/Mobo Intel QuadCore DDR3 Motherboard Unveiled !!!

Peace420All

Dhai Kilo Ka Haath
Disciple
Gigabyte United is set to introduce its "Bearlake" motherboards at Computex 2007, powered by Intel's P35 and G33 Express chipsets

Gigabyte United is set to introduce its next generation Ultra Durable 2 series motherboards in early June. The new motherboards features ferrite core choke coils, low RDS MOSFETs and all-solid capacitors:clap: for increased reliability and longevity. Gigabyte United claims the ferrite core choke coils offer higher frequency operation for improved overclocking capabilities, lower temperatures, lower electromagnetic interference and resistance to rust.

RDS MOSFETs minimize conduction and gate charge switching losses while delivering lower temperatures, in a small package. All solid capacitors solve capacitor leakage problems that plagued previous motherboards from all motherboard manufacturers. The solid capacitors promise higher heat resistance and performance while being more environmental friendly than electrolytic capacitors.

Gigabyte United expects to launch its Ultra Durable 2 series motherboards with Intel’s next-generation Bearlake family of chipsets. There will be five Ultra Durable 2 series motherboards powered by Intel’s P35 and G33 Express chipsets – the P35-DQ6, P35-DS3R, P35T-DQ6, G33M-D2SR and G33-DS3R in full and micro ATX configurations. Gigabyte United pairs all five Ultra Durable 2 series motherboards with Intel’s ICH9R south bridge for enhanced I/O connectivity.

At the top of the Ultra Durable 2 spectrum are the P35-DQ6 and P35T-DQ6. Both models share similar feature sets, including dual physical PCIe x16, three PCIe x1 and two PCI slots. Despite having two physical PCIe x16 slots, only the upper slot delivers 16 PCIe lanes to the graphics card. The second PCIe x16 slot delivers lesser lanes, typically 2-4 lanes.

There are also six SATA 3.0Gbps ports powered by Intel’s ICH9R south bridge with support for Matrix RAID technology, two additional SATA ports and a single IDE port powered by a separate controller. Other notable features include 8-channel high definition audio by a Realtek audio codec and a heat pipe chipset cooling.

Differentiating the P35-DQ6 and P35T-DQ6 is memory support. The P35-DQ6 relies on current DDR2 memory while the P35T-DQ6 supports next-generation DDR3 memory technology:eek:hyeah: . ...........

*Copy-Pasted from Here

must be very powerful DDR3 and finally 1333Mhz FSB! and yeah.. solid state capacitors must b making high in price :p... :p whoa atlast DDR3 boards are out i thought they will never be out somewhere before fall 07.

Whats the big deal about FSB 1333 Support? Heh..

Were reaching 2000 FSB here, on current boards :).

Well, DDR3 is crap expensive right now. Gotta wait for prices to drop :).

^ Agree with Ad1, the only reason to move is DDR3 support.

Save this for my next upgrade though, DX10 + Quad + DDR3 :eek:hyeah:

The SHORT PC component life cycles are too annoying now......its time people start making consoles the only platform for gaming:mad: .

I too am delaying my upgrade, now that these bad boys seem to be getting out of their stables............need to get a Quad core+DX10 card at the least for ALAN WAKE :hap2: !!!!

am planing to buy a blo*dy console for the time being :(

first we need the DDR3 and then we can think of these boards.

The market production of DDR3 has already been delayed by memory manufacturers than previously decided rollout of Q3 2007.

The first generation of P35 boards will be DDR2. When DDR3 comes in the market then these boards will take over.

This is just technological showcasing and nothing more. Does not mean these boards will be out any time soon.

Think buffalo are the only manufacturer to release ddr3 currently but it's got a really hight latency at CL7 however the 1066MHz modules operates at just 1.5V

Out of five boards being released only one has DDR3 support, the rest are still DDR2. I think it will be atleast Q2 08 by the time DDR3 modules will be available at a decent price (maybe much earlier for uber rig builders ;) ).

Back