CPU/Mobo Intel Core 2 Duo Processor showing lower clock speed/multiplier

avis_gan

Disciple
C2D E6750 showing 2 Ghz core speed ?? While it shoud show 2.66Ghz..

I am using a biostar Motherboard TP35D2-A7 and Transcend 2*1 GB 800 Mhz, Sparkle 8600GT video card

What shuld i do to get the original clock

Re: C2D E4300 showing 1.2Mhz core speed ?? While it shoud show 1.8Mhz..

well go to the mobo bios close ESIT , speed step and stuff.

well...isn't speed step a good idea? Itll save power and temps.

the multiplier is reduced automatically during idle hence the speed decreases and power saving...cooler running etc :)

as soon as it loads, the clock speed increases itself

run cpu-z and then load the proccy to see it change :D

This must be the nth thread based on "CPU shows less speed". It would be better if a related thread is made sticky, coz the users do not search the threads before asking this in a new thread... :no:
avis_gan, there's nothing wrong in your Processor. It will spring up in action and run at it's rated speed when you start an application or load the CPU (Games / Video Encoding etc). Till the work comes, let the CPU rest with less speed, and you'll save power too!!!

^ +1 for that , some forums have already made this thread sticky :)

Re: C2D showing slower core speed ..

I have a question.. Can i OVERCLOCK my proccy with the speedstep on..

Forexample: i oc my 2.33ghz proccy to 2.8ghz.. So if speedstep is on then it would only go to 2.8ghz when its needed.. this way i wont be ocsing it 24/7 and it would save some precious life of the pc

Lemme know if possible??

^^think u cant overclk more than intels limits....if u wanna overclk then u shud do it frm bios...nt sure though:p

Listen

Disable C1E function

And CPU thermal thingy :)

I had the same craapppy thing

i own the same mobo :hap2:
My Core2Quad show 1536 or something 1st...

After a friend of mine's help...i Got it back to 2.4:clap:

johnjjx said:
^^think u cant overclk more than intels limits....if u wanna overclk then u shud do it frm bios...nt sure though:p

dam yeah i can overclock above intels limit. I can overclock to as high as i want to. no fu*kin intel guy can stop me. intel service jus suks! :p

aslugani said:
I have a question.. Can i OVERCLOCK my proccy with the speedstep on..
Forexample: i oc my 2.33ghz proccy to 2.8ghz.. So if speedstep is on then it would only go to 2.8ghz when its needed.. this way i wont be ocsing it 24/7 and it would save some precious life of the pc
Lemme know if possible??
Yes, its possible. I keep my E6600 at FSB 1333.

With Speedstep ON, it goes to 3GHz (333*9) when on load and back to 2GHz (333*6) when idle... ;)

what to disable/enable in bios .. i have overclocked it already. just tell me what do i enable to put speedstep on..

Re: Intel Core2 processor showing slower core speed/lower multiplier

Yeah, no one can stop u to OC high enough to fry ur proccy... Intel will be happy.. :D

aslugani said:
what to disable/enable in bios .. i have overclocked it already. just tell me what do i enable to put speedstep on..

if u enable speedstep, or C1E, or EIST(all different names) , the cpu will drop to lower speed at idle time

Hey i have disabled EIST but then also my E7200 is running at 1600 MHz.......wat to do now?

But EIST does not affect how much you can overclock right ?

^^usually people turn it(EIST) off, overclock, and in the end turn it on to see if it works at overclocked settings...if it does work at OCed settings then good for you

this is because it may affect stability while overclocking

Hunter said:
Hey i have disabled EIST but then also my E7200 is running at 1600 MHz.......wat to do now?

1. Disable SpeedStep to run ur proccy at full speed all the time.

2. Its a SILLY and STUPID thing to do (I rarely use such lang :ashamed:).

The proccy automatically ramps up to full speed when required. So why run it at full all the time? More power consumption/temps for 0 gain :p

Only exception I can think of is for extreme OCing where speedstep might make the proccy unstable. I had my 2140 to 2.6 and my E4500 to 2.7 wout any issues (speedstep was enabled i mean :))

Back