Installation issues with Sharp Inverter AC

Any one please?

Hi Folks, I recently got my LG 1 ton inverter AC installed.
http://www.lg.com/in/split-ac/lg-BS-Q126B8R4

But the installer didn't bring any vacuum pump to do the installation. He said the gas is already filled and no need for that device. He did bring the pressure gauge which I asked him to check the pressure through the service valve.

The manual says after 15 minutes of AC opertation the pressure should be around 120-135psi. But mine was 110. Is this something to be worried about ? Do I need to fill a little more R401a refrigerant? Should the installation be done with a vacuum pump?

@buBleZ: I did not hear about this vacuum pump business till I saw this thread. Normally that is a process adapted to fill the gas. No need for a vacuum pump in a new install. Most of the problem comes when the gas leaks during installation due to improper brazing/jointing. The pressure gages that the service guys normally use may not be that accurate/calibrated. LG, unlike companies like Hitachi or Carrier, even preforms the ends of the tubes, to eliminate the risk of improper workmanship from the installers. Don't worry.

Last edited by a moderator:
@buBleZ: I did not hear about this vacuum pump business till I saw this thread. Normally that is a process adapted to fill the gas. No need for a vacuum pump in a new install. Most of the problem comes when the gas leaks during installation due to improper brazing/jointing. The pressure gages that the service guys normally use may not be that accurate/calibrated. LG, unlike companies like Hitachi or Carrier, even preforms the ends of the tubes, to eliminate the risk of improper workmanship from the installers. Don't worry.

Hi Thanks for clarifying. That took of some of my worries. I was worried because the installation was done free by the dealer and not by LG techniians.

So the copper pipes that connect IDU to ODU need not be vacuumed if I understand you correctly? I didn't understand what you meant by " even preforms the ends of the tubes, to eliminate the risk of improper workmanship from the installers" ?

@buBleZ: sorry it was typo" not "performs" , "forms" the ends of the tubes, shapes them at the factory itself for easy assembly.

The link says it is best to install with vacuum pump. So the 2 posts are contradicting. Now I am confused.

Vacuum pump is of course required and it has to be done properly. but the installation guys seldom have the proper pump and gauges to be used.

Back