Indian Stock Market and Mutual Funds

anmolbhard004

Patron
Jan 30, 2024
this thread is related to discussion related to share market and mutual funds

people can also share their share market and mutual funds portfolio so that we can discuss it and make the correct choices.

my mf portfolio is as follow

10k in hdfc bse index 50 mutual fund
10k in parag parikh flexi cap
5k in nippon india small cap
5k in motilal mid cap. 30K per month

am looking for some stock recommendations that can boom after general elections results.

Share Yours..

Reactions: rsaeon

TEUser2K1

Skilled
Jul 16, 2007
Mumbai

Also consider funds from: https://quantmutual.com/

You may be interested in thread:

anmolbhard004

Patron
Jan 30, 2024
Explain why have you chosen those particular fund houses
those were the most recommended also my rm suggested those

Also consider funds from: https://quantmutual.com/

You may be interested in thread:
I had quant small cap stopped it last month
thanks will watch that video

TEUser2K1

Skilled
Jul 16, 2007
Mumbai
> I had quant small cap stopped it last month

I added few amounts during last market dip, any hints on why you stopped.
Is it because you reached the set target or any other hints, thanks.

guest_999

Adept
Apr 5, 2012
those were the most recommended also my rm suggested those
Recommendations from? RM is from which bank?
Those are nothing but informed guess work at best & pure guess work at worst. Nobody is going to recommend you sure shot winners for free as they would rather invest their own money instead of helping others make money. As for MFs, they are operated by professionals whose salary package is linked to MF performance so they have the incentive to work hard to make sure MF performs unlike RMs who will continue to get their salary as usual irrespective of the performance of their suggested stocks. Stay away from these "tips" & just pick some good performing MFs as there are many of them around.

Slayer69

Disciple
Feb 19, 2023
I wanted to shit on CuckDFC bank and everything associated with it so wanted to know bank his RM belonged from

babhishek

Skilled
Feb 3, 2008

people can also share their share market and mutual funds portfolio so that we can discuss it and make the correct choices.

am looking for some stock recommendations that can boom after general elections results.

Share Yours..
good amount of diversification, when did you invest?

t3chg33k

Skilled
Jun 3, 2008

Share Yours..
Use any of the portfolio overlap calculators online for diversification. I used to invest directly from the AMC website, then switched to MFU and then Groww. Found Groww to be the best for MF as you have all your MF in one place, can invest in direct funds and also get a overview of the portfolio in terms of sectors, stocks and market cap.

It is generally a bad idea to ask for stock recommendations. You will get plenty on WhatsApp and Telegram groups that are mostly pump and dump setups with no corelation to fundamentals or technicals. If you find any recommendations on any public channels, you are already in the middle of a cycle, and it may go in either direction.

You could use technical analysis and event-based information to invest, mostly in large cap companies, but then you have to stay in it for the long term. Day trading is too stressful and can become addictive which is one of the reasons to invest through SIP, for diversification and cost averaging.

Most equity funds have an XIRR of around 20-30%. If everyone knew how to beat that with one stock, then you wouldn't need fund managers and analysts.

You might be lucky enough to pick a stock which returns 100% in a year but for every one of that, there will be 5 others that will not even beat the market.

Lastly, if you are not registered with SEBI, it is illegal to provide investment advice and thus you shouldn't solicit it here either.

Last edited:
Reactions: ibose

sauravghosh

Adept
Jul 18, 2017
Kolkata
How do I get some insider calls? Even in this bull market I've made significant loss. Really need to make the money back.
Also, which sector should be in focus right now or after election? Like solar energy? What else?

ibose

Skilled
Jun 20, 2009
Please do not fall for the herd mentality bias. You are better off first defining your investment objectives, then doing your own research and if that is not possible, consult a financial advisor. And no, please do not ever claim this as an investment objective -
EG2nXUfUYAYGxZe.jpg

Sorry but every now and then I see a stock market thread created and I cringe. It's another thing that the thread dies soon after.

Last edited:

Slayer69

Disciple
Feb 19, 2023
How do I get some insider calls? Even in this bull market I've made significant loss. Really need to make the money back.
Also, which sector should be in focus right now or after election? Like solar energy? What else?
Which stocks are you invested in that you are still in losses compared to last year?

Does one of those stocks start with the letter H ??? *Hehe*

Reactions: sauravghosh

TEUser2K1

Skilled
Jul 16, 2007
Mumbai
@sauravghosh
You should look for mutual funds, ETFs, corporate bonds, FDs, gold /silver as ETF / SGB, etc. as primary investments.
If big investments, reach approved PMS providers.

For individual shares, you need to do own research and analysis, learn from NSE training, prominent traders, etc.

Information which is available on Bloomberg terminal, etc. is what normal people can get earliest, but by the time it reach average person, it might have already got utilized by HNIs.

guest_999

Adept
Apr 5, 2012
If you need to ask then you can't get it. Stop trading in the shares directly & start using SIP route in MFs. Direct trading in shares is only for full time pros whose only job is trading & which they learned by working in some trading/broking house. Stick to major blue chip companies shares if you still want to do some direct trading.

kartikoli

Skilled
Feb 6, 2010
Lucknow
Invested in Tata Ethical MF last year and now thinking to invest some amount in shares directly. Is it a good strategy or should I stick with MFs only since I don't have time to research.