India

malhotraraul

Skilled
indiae.jpg

Macaulay was in India on February 2, 1835, so how could he have addressed the brittish parliament ?

He didn't therefore the above quote is a fabrication !

Does not stop interested parties from claiming otherwise tho ;)

Instead the date (2 February 1835) is the date of his famous Minute, which was aimed at convincing the colonial authorities that English education was the ideal for India, and not an education in Indian languages as a group of Orientalists (including Prinsep) wanted.

^^ It could be the truth, as the caste system had swept the lower classes below the carpet, not viewed by the common public.

That picture file was circulating via email 2 years back.I think it's made up.You obviously cannot believe when someone says there is no poverty in India no matter when.

Winter said:
That picture file was circulating via email 2 years back.I think it's made up.You obviously cannot believe when someone says there is no poverty in India no matter when.

Exactly ! And he never saw a single beggar !? :bleh:

If you are looking for a better quote use this one by Lord Curzon dated 1901

"Powerful Empires existed and flourished here [in India] while Englishmen were still wandering painted in the woods, and while the British Colonies were a wilderness and a jungle. India has left a deeper mark upon the history, the philosophy, and the religion of mankind, than any other terrestrial unit in the universe."

Oh common guys... However lame the statement is, you guys are lamer.. I mean wat crap is all this "n wat no beggers or thieves ?? was he sure he was in india ?? " n "Exactly ! And he never saw a single beggar !?" .. Totally ridiculous and saddening that you at such an age where if you want can change the whole world around are makin such lousy complaints ..

We had a shitty past,should move forward, instead we're still looking for praises from englishmen, and pleasing ourselves with fake mockups of their speeches, how desperate can one be..?

^ i would rather say we had a great past, but are ruining our future by either living in that past and not moving forward, or ignoring the past and forgetting our roots.

one cannot live in the past, but neither can you deny the heritage of our country. :)

^Exactly my thoughts..

Moreover, even if the above article is a "fabrication", thinking positive about our own nation wil not hurt anyone's ego right?

Are you going to fall in a ditch by saying "India is great" ?

Just my 2 cents.

Indeed, India is great. :D

^Exactly my thoughts..

Moreover, even if the above article is a "fabrication", thinking positive about our own nation wil not hurt anyone's ego right?

Are you going to fall in a ditch by saying "India is great" ?

Just my 2 cents.

Indeed, India is great.

I like to be grounded in reality. False praises is not doing anything positive to the country, "India is great" I dont think so. "Can India be great?" I have no doubt, we have the potential but the implementation lacks. False statements such as these, is just what is sweeping across the nation, and giving Indians a false picture of the reality.

No one is looking for praises from the Englishmen, but earned praises sound sweeter.

well, India was a great nation hundreds of years before. There were beggars, thieves etc. But somewhere down the line people became more and more self centered and selfish and greedy for money. Today we are seeing them in politics, the government, and many places like our offices, shops etc. People just lost any moral sense alltogether now. They have just stopped caring for the country and taken everything for granted. This is because of too many people being born here and also because of the one thing going on in many peoples minds - someone else will change the place, or why should i be the one doing it. Let someone else do it.

Changing India back to a great country needs one basic requirement - changing the mindset of the people. It is impossible for any one person to do this.

just my 2 cents. :)

Speedz said:
Oh common guys... However lame the statement is, you guys are lamer.. I mean wat crap is all this "n wat no beggers or thieves ?? was he sure he was in india ?? " n "Exactly ! And he never saw a single beggar !?" .. Totally ridiculous and saddening that you at such an age where if you want can change the whole world around are makin such lousy complaints ..

Nothing ridiculous about correcting/reasoning with the statements put forward.:S

I understand we are trying to bring about a change but there's no denying our past. Instances or quotes of the same will surface every now and then.

So please move on.

Back