Audio IEMs for iPod Classic

Krow

Disciple
Budget is under 2k.

Music: Mostly rock, metal, classical (Indian and western).
Videos: Cowboy Bebop and the occasional movie.

Need good reproduction of sound for music as well as movies.

Need a decent bass, clear sound and good noise cancellation.
Was looking at Head Direct RE-2. What is its price (minus the amp)?

Any other ones that might suit my needs and budget?

i would suggest ou increase your budget by 900 and get the M2, its tried and tested(by many TE members ) IEM. suits all types of music, has very good build quality, and will sell at good price ( if you wanna sell it later).

Could anyone state why I should buy a particular IEM? I've read about quite a few IEMs and it is all very confusing for me. I forgot to mention that I want good cable quality too.

Upping the budget will always be the temptation, but I think I will resist it if possible. Unless M2 is something extraordinary. I don't like too much bass.

How does RE-2 compare with the NE-6 or M6 or M2?

RE-2 doesn't have great build quality. M6 and M2 have very good build quality. If you don't like too much bass, I am sure you will not like M6. Even NE6 is bass heavy. You could read review of M2 here on TE and head-fi and decide if it's for you. If you want to save money then M1 too is a good choice. Reviews suggest M1 is as good as M2 at mids, bass quantity is less, quality is almost there and highs aren't as sparkly as M2. I own M1 but not M2, so not very sure.

I have the M2 and i can tell the the sound is very balanced, not too much of bass but its where when the song calls for it. rest haraakari has mentioned about the build quality etc.

oh an by the way, i have the M2 up for sale.

you dont really require much bass as per the genres you prefere, so get the M1( its in preorfer stage i think @ 1400)

but yeah M2 is a balanced IEM, it it does not hurt to have good quality bass the M2 offers if you can extend your budget get the m2.

RE2 +e5 is a good option but ony if you can keep them safely ( they do nto have a good build quality).

I read the M2 review and it does look pretty impressive. :) I may just take the plunge.

If budget does not permit, I will go in for the M1. Can someone please link me to the M1 preorder? I couldn't find it.

Will I need an amp for the iPod Classic? I may go in for the M1+E5. If I buy M2, then no amps.

Thanks a lot for your help guys. :)

Krow said:
Can someone please link me to the M1 preorder? I couldn't find it.

Will I need an amp for the iPod Classic?
M1 Preorder link: Brainwavz M1 IEM Earphones (PREORDER) [Brainwavz_M1_preorder] - $29.50 : MP4 Nation!, :: Low Priced MP4, MP3 Players and the latest scoop on the newest MP4 Player

they will arrive in stock on Nov 5, so you can expect to get your hands on them in not before dec 5 :)

M2 is no longer on pre-order and now costs $59.50.

You can get new M2 from our inhouse dealer Amarbir.

You would not need an AMP for M1 or M2. they are easy to drive with Ipod's and other PMP's.

Seems like you've made up your mind but may i suggest the Klipsch Image S2.

Now i haven't tried MEE-M6/M9 or the Brainwavz M1 so i can't offer you much comparison but here's what i can tell you about them based on my use:

• Superb noise isolation. The cone shaped tips provide excellent noise isolation and comfort.
  • Build quality is surprisingly impressive for a budget IEM.
  • Great soundstage with impressive mids and highs. The bass isn't super tight but still sounds natural. Overall a very balanced IEM.

If you would like to consider a used pair, i have them currently on sale in Members market as i'm getting the inline mic version for my iPhone 4.

Good luck!

If you can somehow get hold of the Brainwavz M1 get it , won't be disappointed for sure (unless you like more bass ) . The M1 sounds almost 70% of M2. The M2 has more bass slam/ punch , more extended and sharper treble. The M1 sounds laidback in comparison to the M2 which sounds a little congested/heavy due to the contrasting bass and treble. The mids are almost same , infact listening to M1 right now I am finding its mids to be slightly more clear than M2 due to the light bass .

M1 as well as M2 both are the most insane VFM IEM one can get in the price range , that is for sure :D .

Thanks a lot for the impressions, that's very comforting as I opted for M1 instead of M2. M1 with similar mids and with lower bass quantity is definitely a better IEM for my taste. :)

^ True. I have kind of started using M1 more as well due to slightly more clear mids and beautiful female vocals but I can already notice the lack of overall refinement , bass authority and the amazing treble extension of the M2. Its like this M2 is more of like a complete package of awesomeness IMO, M1 is best suited for someone who is used to light/medium bass like that of RE-2 and there's if no way he can spend the 2.5-2.8k on the M2 , M1 is the one . :)

Back