iberry AUXUS AX03G Tablet+Phone, Sold> 200 :o

axeteve

Disciple
iberry axsus 03G is selling furiously on eBay.in , Sold more then 200 pcs in just Two days :eek: .. I mean WTF!

This AX03G model is rebranded Chinese "CutePad F001" , Features are like all other generic tablets nothing to write home about. Except that it's the Only tablet which got a 3G Data+Voice+SMS+USSD via SIM (Which is a stellar feature in itself).

Basically AX03G is a android 4.0 monster 7" mobile phone. I'm sure they gonna sell thousands of these and going to break this price point for sim based 3G tablets.

Though I'm not happy with their doggy company name copying apple's 'i' from iPad and tagging along with their company name. Can't they think of a simple clean original name for their company?

And for their product series they choose "axsus" again copying ASUS sounding name. Or may be I'm expecting too much from a Desi Company. :(

Anyways they're killing it with their 3G sim based tablet and I hope other companies will take a note and lunch some SIM based tablets with decent specs and decent prices.

And those WiFi tablets can go and burn in fire atleast in India. :)

Closest proper competition from a reputed company is Samsung's Tab 2 7.0 @ 19.2k

Well.. I can't say call Samsung Tab 2 7.0 a 'competition' is fair or not. But I must add that sammy got a reasonably good DualCore processor , a fairly good 1024x600 screen,GPS and comparatively better camera.

Though if you see it from 'masses' point of view, Then I think you score a point.

iberry axsus : seems like a cocktail of the "i" from ipad, "berry" from blackberry, and a lot of "asus" !!!

Yeah, And the marketing flyer / banner on ebay looks too tacky, with very poor Photoshop and bad choise of color fonts etc. Absolutely gibrish.

All this tablets are Chinese clone. 9.9K for 3G tablet is too costly also it doesn't have good screen or 1GB ram. Resolution is too low for tablet in this range. I would have bought bought Ainol Nova 7 ELf II which is far better tablet than this. Performance is better than Samsung SII. But most of them will buy this only for 3G Sim feature.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Btw its Cutepad F7001 OEM :)

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Review Cutepad F7001 By Fayray-Tablets.com - YouTube

Looks good on paper. I will wait for some real end-user reviews before deciding if I need this. The best part about this tablet is blue-tooth, which all other budget tablets seem to be missing. Perfect for me, I have been thinking too long to use a decent Android tablet as a car-pc and blue-tooth will help in getting GPS working on it (I already have a blue-tooth GPS receiver) ;)

Does this have a dedicated GPS chip?

From everything on paper and on the internet, this damn thing looks SUPER awesome. For the price, that is. I had a Galaxy note, but I realized I had an 'almost' tablet phone and never utilized it's true potential (gaming, surfing, e book reading etc.) since I needed the device to last the whole day. Used it gingerly through the day to realize that a lot more fun can be had with such a large screen.
Decided to buy the Nexus 7 to complement the Galaxy Note when I realized it doesn't have 3G. I wanted something which would have internet on the move. Tethering was not an option as that would involve battery life of the Galaxy Note taking a super hit.
FULL change of plans, sold the Note and ordered this Auxus 03G. Will use a basic ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) as the primary phone (yes, that sucks, truly) and secondary phone device will be the iBerry Auxus 03G. Browsing, gaming, reading, everything can be accomplished without worrying about battery since the secondary phone can be off even halfway through the day :)

Hi Frank,
I've not bought this thing. But might get one if I get some 10% coupon :), Though I've some apprehension on the screen resolution of 480x800.

Few pointers on performance etc.

Yesterday I've tested Samsung galaxy Tab2 P3100 sold in india for around INR 19000.

1. Galaxy tab perform worse then my year and a half old Vega on CM 7.0 (aka android 2.3)
2. Browser performance lag etc. is discouraging (compare to year and a half old vega)
3. If you guys get some custom rom for this (axsus 03G) thing then it'll do reasonably well... Else ...boo.. boo
4. Always go for device which has good / great custom rom support. You'll only realize it when you'll start using it.

Frank is right.
By the time it'll reach you Guy's, expect a drastic price cut by galaxy tab and upcoming nexus 7 HSPA+ (as planned by ASUS europe)

Hope I've not given heart burn to many :)

1110 sold! :scared14:

I wonder if the seller can fulfill so many preorders! Good luck to the folks who have ordered this device. Keep us posted on the reviews.

This Shows how much bloody market is there for the "right" product at comparatively right price.

This tablet has nothing, I repeat nothing extra in terms of features. Except the "3G/2G data connectivity Via SIM card". Which is according to me is "The Key Feature" and is must for any average Indian geek.

Still those top paid marketing gimmick guys failed to realize this and launched one after another "WiFi Only" fail tablets. Yeah, I'm pointing at you HCL, Spice, Micromaxx etc.

iBerry is actually a Chinese shenanigan factory based owner who is running / selling his products via some, I'm not sure but via some shoddy franchise network.

True test will be when user will be asked to send their tablets to china (or may be not, finger's crossed) .
But my point is why these top Indian companies and others failed to realize that India is a country where Public access of WiFi is virtually non existent and continue to force their wifi only devices.

In india
No Sim Slot for data connectivity = Fail (Atleast in mobile communication device space)

In India common folks will accept low res bad viewing angle screens, slow processors, out dated OS but they will not accept a device sans mobile data connection availability via sim.

It has to be there to call it a portable mobile device. And I agree with my fellow non Techno piss poor Indian fellows. :)

Every tablet company forgets that this is NOT USA . We
1. Do not have cheap home high speed fibre internet which gives a WIFI network in every house . LOL there will not be a urban household which doesnt have high speed internet in US .
2. We are not locked to mobile service providers for 2 years contract . We can change SIMs every second of all service providers if we feel the urge .
3. Here broadband is expensive with taxes and hardware then buying a new SIM with 1/2 GB mobile data usage .
4. There is no restriction on data tethering from mobile device
5. And thanks to our dear Raja and his cronies unlimited data has been converted to FUP .
6 BSNL has the plans to give fibre but the PSU and its bureaucratic way of functioning is known to us . Hell they couldnt even initialize the WIMAX properly after installing the hardware.
so lets crib and enjoy the super low speed of internet and every year the government will keep on declaring YEAR OF BROADBAND

This Shows how much bloody market is there for the "right" product at comparatively right price.

This tablet has nothing, I repeat nothing extra in terms of features. Except the "3G/2G data connectivity Via SIM card". Which is according to me is "The Key Feature" and is must for any average Indian geek.

Still those top paid marketing gimmick guys failed to realize this and launched one after another "WiFi Only" fail tablets. Yeah, I'm pointing at you HCL, Spice, Micromaxx etc.

iBerry is actually a Chinese shenanigan factory based owner who is running / selling his products via some, I'm not sure but via some shoddy franchise network.

True test will be when user will be asked to send their tablets to china (or may be not, finger's crossed) .
But my point is why these top Indian companies and others failed to realize that India is a country where Public access of WiFi is virtually non existent and continue to force their wifi only devices.

In india
No Sim Slot for data connectivity = Fail (Atleast in mobile communication device space)

In India common folks will accept low res bad viewing angle screens, slow processors, out dated OS but they will not accept a device sans mobile data connection availability via sim.

It has to be there to call it a portable mobile device. And I agree with my fellow non Techno piss poor Indian fellows. :)
Dude micromax funbook is huge hit .. :D

"Dude micromax funbook is huge hit .. "

It WAS a hit, but not now. Mainly because they were the first 'branded' tablet in el-cheapo /value for money category.

But trust me if not all, many of the first time buyers didn't knew that it doesn't have a sim slot for internet connection, as they advertise openly as 3G tab.

Atleast I know 5-6 of folks who came to me asking, pls check, looks like the internet is not inside it. (lol, internet is not inside it) Yeah! most of the poor folks got very pissed when I told them that you have to buy a mifi or usb stick modem "to get internet inside it"

So you know who bought it. Or you can say stuck with it (2800 mAh battery lol, common micromaxx don't be so cheap :) )

^^Yeah technically its 2800mah battery but the battery backup is something like 3700mah. I mean to say I get 6-7 hours backup easily :)

Back