Huawei Ideos launched in India with Aircel - Rs.8499

DarkAngel

Skilled
Almost a month late of what was being expected, Huawei finally launched Ideos in India. Company has partnered with Aircel for the launch.

Aircel is selling Ideos for an introductory price of Rs 8499 with free data download up to 2 GB per month if purchased with a postpaid connection. Smartphone is available instantly at Aircel and Mobile Store outlets.
To remind you, Huawei Ideos features Android 2.2 FroYo, 2.8-inch capacitive touchscreen, 528MHz processor, 3.2MP camera, proximity and accelerometer sensors built in, MicroSD storage, Android UI, HSDPA, Bluetooth and Wi-FI connectivity.

We are still waiting for the official press release in this regard, and will update the post soon after getting it.

Huawei Ideos launched in India with Aircel | AndroidOS.in
Huawei Ideos Launched in India via Aircel > Mobile Phone > Techtree.com

Too high a price for the ideso 8150, really should be around the price of the micromax andro.

amit.mastermind said:
Still no idea of ideos x6, i guess.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk
Even i was waiting for the same. Got fed up and got a ZTE blade. It was supposed to launch last month according to spice, and Jan 15th directly by Huawei as well. Guess its been delayed for whatever reason

Price seems to be on the high side at the moment, but would be interested if it falls around 7k levels for my better half. The colours seems to suit the ladies. Also the question would be what kind of support huwaei would provide for firmware updates as they usually are OEM manufactures.

Anyone on the actual user experience of its display/screen resolution? And what about the overall durability of Huawei handsets compared to big brands like Nokia, SonyEricsson, Samsung etc.?

The Ideos U8150 is a big hit in Australia and other countries. Here Huawei has tied up with Aircel and they cater to the support as well i think. However the pricepoint at which they are selling the phone is a tad too high, hence refrained from buying one as yet. I even called up Huawei office about the launch of X6 and other phones, however they did not share any information. Seems the tie up with operators for marketing isn't the right way for Huawei.

Back