Huawei E122 HSDPA 3G USB Modem 7.2Mbps 3G Mobile Broadband Rs 2250/- FREE Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Huawei E122 HSDPA 3G USB Modem 7.2Mbps 3G Mobile Broadband Rs 2250/- FREE Shippi

Get the firmware from dc-files instead !

DC Files

Installing is just next-next-next :p

Re: Huawei E122 HSDPA 3G USB Modem 7.2Mbps 3G Mobile Broadband Rs 2250/- FREE Shippi

Even with the new firmware, the issue remains! :( Same on Windows as well as Debian. :( :(

On Windows the Mobile Partner displays the message saying the modem has been disconnected and after few minutes it shows the Detecting Device message.

I'm not using any cable, the modem is directly connected to the USB port. Tried the front and back USB ports.

What to do now?

Do a complete uninstall of the device + Mobile partner + T-mobile software + drivers (uninstall from device manager)

Replug to a different USB and install back from scratch and see if the issue is still there. Also you can try using the T-Mobile Webconnect software and check is the issue still persists.

^ Tried all that. Uninstalled everything and the modem was no longer getting detected. And then installed latest Mobile Partner as well as the TMobile software. Tried it on the front as well as back USB ports. Tried on 3 separate devices.

Initially when I connect the modem, the connection lasts for 10-12 minutes. But after that the very frequent disconnections start, and each connection lasting just 1-2 minutes or less. :(

And in the same setup, if I connect my old modem it works just fine with connections lasting 2-3 hours.

Anyway sending the modem back today for a replacement. :(

Have you tried without downloading any data? just keep the connection idle for some time

^ Even when idling it happens, but every 10-15 minutes.

Bought a Huawei UMG 1831 for my friend.
order number 414.
Hope you ship it today itself. or i have to wait till monday as 2 days holiday.
thanks

Can someone link to the required connection software required for the UMG1831 for BSNL?

TIA.

@suneesh

Ordered 2 more UMG 1831 today bearing order no. 416. Cash deposited in your account 5600/-. Its for friends, kindly dispatch at the earliest.

confirm me whether UMG1831 modem supports voice calls/video call/sms or not?

@dvdstoredelhi Huawei K4505 (Vodafone) is it available ?

UMG1831 currenty does not support voice or video calls. Maybe later on it may if the firmware comes out for the same.

A quick question to members.

I received the modem UMG1831 from Sunish a few days back, I am highly satisfied.

Based on my feedback my two friends also ordered the same modem. we received the modems yesterday.

But the first modem we connected to system, installed the driver, when we start mobile partner / MDMA applications they say hardware failure or modem does not respond.

Shall I go ahead with firmware update?

The dashboard update and firmware update initiation says IMEI ERROR. so I did not flash the update.

I have talked with sunish, he has agreed to replace the modem if nothing works out.

^^ Both of them the same.

Just try and update the firmware....uninstall and reinstall mobile partner.

I have the modem UMG1831, i'm looking for a modem compatible with this card...can any one let me know which modem is compatible with this stick...

is it available ? i want to buy 2 modems.

Received the UMG1831 yesterday and I'm also facing the same connection problem:( First the connection lasted only for twenty min and it automatically disconnects. So, I tried updating the firmware, but no use:( Just tell me one thing guys, which is the connection manager for this modem? The mobile partner or the webconnect manager?:huh:

^ I had the same issue with mine. :( How frequent are the disconnections?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back