HTC One V @ $49.99 on Radioshack

I can't find it anywhere on Amazon for 49.99$ now. As always you found the best possible deal. :) I will take the second one if you really need only one ;)

It used to come and go, luckily was able to place the order. You need to setup one touch order system to order it quick.

Well, now that I mentioned it to my cousins, one of them is interested too. Anyway let's see once it reaches here.

Looks like you can just visit any Reliance World store to get the MEID registered. I had emailed the customer care and they advised me to visit a store to register the handset. Not sure how much truth is there in that, but I will give it a try.

Kindly note that, as per the records you can able to activate or register the handset only through the Reliance World. Hence, we kindly request you to visit the nearest Reliance World for further assistance and also for the new connection. One of our executives will assist you in this regard.

Will reliance evdo work on it?
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Should work! :) Will need to tinker a bit.

Now no paying for registering MEID on Reliance and TATA . One of my friend got it done on TATA for free so confirmed on TATA . Recently they have started MEID of all foreign sets @varkey

Last edited by a moderator:
Now no paying for registering MEID on Reliance and TATA . One of my friend got it done on TATA for free so confirmed on TATA . Recently they have started MEID of all foreign sets varkey

Great. Cool then, waiting for the handsets to come! :)

loading prl & spc still needed ?

Yes, you need to root it, use the MSL Reader app to get the SPC. And load the PRL.

I guess OTA doesn't work for handsets not supported by the operator, which is the reason you need to manually set it up even in case of PagePlus in US (where they register the MEID of the handset over the phone)

OTA works on this phone but be sure to change the SPC to 000000, otherwise phone will not accept OTA with wrong SPC, the steps are simple for this phone. As the phone is virgin branded, you need to first get the SPC to even enable the diag port for programming parameters. To get this, unlock bootloader via htcdev.com, root the phone with unsecured boot.img available over xda, install MSL finder from play store. Once you got the MSL/SPC, you can enable to DIAG Port.

I dont think its possible yet with TATA to get meid registered, they are allowing foreign meid's previously but then stopped due to illegal cloning activities. However meid/esn registering with TATA is also known, evdo will not work on those meid/esn due to lack of knowledge of tata guys. Only 1x work with registered tata meid's.
Arjun, yes i have flashed many of them.

@kanishk619 : Thank you for the info.

So once the SPC is reset to 000000 and Reliance PRL is loaded. You can get it activated OTA by dialling *228 or something?

Will go for Reliance itself as EVDO will work! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I Have no idea about any of this,but i have a phone coming to me,and i need to get it registered to tata/reliance ,tata preferred as there is no reliance world in my area. and i dnt wanna pay another 500-1.5k.

Lemme know the cheapest possible way,and a guide for the following stuff.

Yes, but this doesn't work for most of the phones. However ota works on One V :)

Awesome, so the Akey, MDN/MIN configuration etc will all be done over-the-air? Incl EVDO? Or for EVDO you need to manually do the PPP configuration ie setting the user id and pass?

What about EVDO activation? Are the CC Executives aware of the procedure?

Back