Audio How to use Edifier DA5000 5.1 speakers with Panasonic Plasma with Digital Optical out

ny2j

Disciple
Hi Members,

I need to set up a home theater using Panasonic Plasma and Edifier 5.1 channel speakers....

The TV has a Digital Optical Out ..... I want the normal TV audio to be routed across all the speakers ... (not only the front or center )....

Please suggest how can i achieve this setup....do i need any intermediate connector/cable.....

thanx in advance :)

Re: How to use Edifier DA5000 5.1 speakers with Panasonic Plasma with Digital Optical

if you want to connect da5000 to your tv then use the auxillary input there is no optical input in da5000

Re: How to use Edifier DA5000 5.1 speakers with Panasonic Plasma with Digital Optical

@manu u mean to say if i use the aux input (to edifier) from Stereo out (R L from Plasma) ....all 5 speakers will be powered not only front or center .... ?

guys please help me out on this....as i need to buy the speakers this weekend and i have found them really cool.....so wana pair dem up wid plasma...

Av Reciever....nopes not now...tight on budget :(

nopes the plasma ha Digital Output (Optical)....

no need of av reciever for da5000 speaker and if you just want sterio out then buy any 2.1. only buy da5000pro if you have a 5.1 channel dvd player or 5.1 channel soundcard in your pc

i Do have have a 5.1 ch DVD Player.....

but i want the TV sound output while viewing SD to be routed across to the all speakers ( not only front or center )..... :(

there shd be some way .....except for AV reciever .....

did u find any way to do this, as i also have a Asus O!play mini and edifier da5000 pro speakers !!!

@ jithu - vanakkam :p

boy did you guys invest in the wrong pair of speakers

the best bet would have been a Z5500 or similar. I cant find any standalone surround DAC's.

greenhorn said:
I cant find any standalone surround DAC's.
Ummm what? There are plenty of them available - sound cards and dedicated receivers alike.

Where did you not find them anyway?

^^ Actually I am also in similar predicament. Is there any fairly non bulky receiver that can handle Dolby Digital 5.1 via Optical from PS3/360? The cheapest and least bulky converter I could find is the one bundled with the Tritton AX Pro headset.

Creative should never have discontinued the DDTS 100. They released it when very few people had need for it and now they don't have it anymore nor did they bother with a successor.

dts decoder 5.1 - DealExtreme

check out the first three results :)

@ gannu, a usb soundcard will need a PC to work, and a reciever is probably more expensive than the speakers in question, and using one as a decoder is bound to be overkill :p

@greenhorn namaskarangallll.. :)

upgrading to HTIB(or a nice AV Reciever and Speakers seperately) setup soon... so till then this will be ok..

BTW that was a nice link.. thankuu thankuu

Back