How is Indiatimes Shopping compared to Sifymall?

Sourav

Adept
Well, i have decided to go in for a Digicam. Poor person that I am, dont have much of a choice. So the obvious choice being the Canon S3 IS, which retails for some 14-15 k's. Now, i was just browsing Indiatimes shopping, and the prices there are a bit reduced for the S3, as compared to Sifymall. Also, the seller on Sifymall, NR Infotech, the same people who shipped my W950i the last time, take a hell lot of time to ship the goods. So, just as a general question, does anyone over here have some previous experience with Indiatimes? Is it any better than sifymall? or worse?

And, Sifymall is giving the S3 with a 1 GB Card and a pouch for 15 something k's. Do you people think that its good to go for the card and the pouch with the camera? Or buy them once the camera comes?

Comments and feedback will be greatly appreciated people :)

FYI -> few links.

Canon Digital Camera - S3IS - 6.2 MP + 1 GB YES SD Card + Camera Case | Best Buy Canon Digital Camera - S3IS - 6.2 MP + 1 GB YES SD Card + Camera Case | Canon Digital Camera - S3IS - 6.2 MP + 1 GB YES SD Card + Camera Case for Sale | Canon Digital Ca

CANON Digital Camera - PowerShot S3IS + 1 GB Card + Pouch Indiatimes Shop > Digital Cameras > 5 to 6.9 Megapixel

CANON Digital Camera - PowerShot S3 IS - 6 MP Indiatimes Shop > Digital Cameras > 5 to 6.9 Megapixel

CANON Digital Camera - PowerShot S3 IS - 6 MP Indiatimes Shop > Digital Cameras > 5 to 6.9 Megapixel

hmm dont know about indiatimes but had ordered Canon A710IS with 1gb YES memory card and camera pouch from Sifymall for my uncle..

the dealer was NR Infotech...they took a hell lot of time to ship cause they didnt have the model that i wanted ie A710IS so in the end they sent me a higher model A720IS with the 1gb card ..and forgot to send the camera pouch

..a bill with personal 1 year warranty was also sent..

after fighting with the sifymall executive on the phone i got the camera pouch again after 1 week..

the product was brand new ..and even the card and pouch are good..but they take time to deliver !

many people here have got their stuff delivered to them in a week from sifymall, me included for the s3

no idea about indiatimes

the only time i shopped from indiatimes was for some alfred hitchcock movies.

stuff came in abt 3-4 days after ordering, but only problem was one of the cds had a scratch mark on those.

imo indiatimes is only a frontend like ebay for smalltime shopkeepers who want to sell their stuff. always take caution while shopping from online indian sites especially cd/dvd's. u never know when peeps would try to give damaged goods to u.

appreciate your comments fellas :) thanks for all your responses. i guess im going with sifymall, else getting it from somewhere in Chennai. Lets see. will keep you all updated.

since you are in chennai, you are better off getting it on your own from Burma Bzr...

the sifymall/indiatimes option makes sense for people in small towns ..

given the current state of online shopping in India, you are definitely better off taking the pain of goign to Parrys to get this done

Back