Budget 10-15K How good is the Xolo Q800?

ravneet2

Disciple
Hi...I am planning to buy a budget smartphone, within 13k, and have considered the xolo Q800, coz it quite matches all my requirements. I just want to know how good is its performance and after sales service.... Any idea??

Lava is supposed to give doorstep servicing for Xolo. http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...service-centre-collection-centres-smartphones
http://articles.economictimes.india..._service-centre-collection-centre-smartphones

Lava co-founder and Director Vishal Sehgal told PTI.
He said the company is in process of expanding its portfolio of Xolo smartphones, the first phone built on Intel Processor, to eight new models in the price range of Rs 10,000-25,000.
The company has earmarked investment of around Rs 12 crore to upgrade after sales service during first half of 2013, he added.
"We have recently entered in to agreement with FedEx to provide reverse and forward logistic to Xolo customers. This kind of value added services is to boost trust among our customers. We are in talks with two leading ITes companies of the country to provide technical support over phone as around 80 to 85 per cent problem can be resolved over," Sehgal said.
"Our new core engineering centres will be operational by January 15. In second half of this year, we will look at setting at least one such centres in every state. This will increase the pace of our service," Raina said.
He said the company is also working to set up collection centres which will accept handsets of customers who do not reside in the 50 cities where Xolo smartphones will be sold. These centres are likely to be the retail outlets from where one buys phones.
"The collection centre will be operational in next two months," Raina said.

Using Q800, for over a month now, it's a great phone, no issues and works great. Bought it for 11.5k . Till today no regrets, it gives the bang for the buck, getting 1.5 days battery backup too.

Bought my phone 2 months ago. No major issues. There was some minor software trouble with the stock ROM where the wallpaper appeared slightly smudged, but there are many workarounds for it. I really don't think you can find a better phone at this price range.

hey guys, thanks for your input. I couldn't come here for a long time in between...:sorry: and in April end I got Salora Powermaxx Z1 phone from mom. So couldnt buy the Xolo. But happy with salora. 4 months, no issues as of yet. Just a bit unhappy with the 512 MB RAM. 1 GB would have been great... Otherwise good performance, great look(somewhat like Xperia Z) and awesome build(have dropped it some 4 times till now i guess :oops:). The display is lovely, even at least brightness. Though mentioned 4.0 ICS in website, I got 4.1 JB out of the box, and the sim slot is not 3G+2G but 3G+3G.. :joyful: And the best part is its battery... never lets me down.. 3200 mAh. That's why the name Powermaxx...!! :happy:

Hey guys, thanks for your input. I couldn't come here for a long time in between...:sorry: and in April end I got Salora Powermaxx Z1 phone from mom. So couldnt buy the Xolo. But happy with salora. 4 months, no issues as of yet. Just a bit unhappy with the 512 MB RAM. 1 GB would have been great... Another con is the metal body, which gets heated up during a long call. Otherwise good performance, great look(somewhat like Xperia Z) and awesome build(have dropped it some 4 times till now i guess :oops:). The display is lovely, even at least brightness. Though mentioned 4.0 ICS in website, I got 4.1 JB out of the box, and the sim slot is not 3G+2G but 3G+3G.. :joyful: And the best part is its battery... never lets me down.. 3200 mAh. That's why the name Powermaxx...!! :happy:

I used the phone for 4 months. I don't think you'll find a better phone at that price, especially now that it's less than 10K. It's very good for what it is. Just don't expect amazing after sales support. If something does go wrong, you'll probably have to try and fix it yourself.

That being said, I didn't have even a single issue. Good performance, even better battery life.

Back