Core #2 : 61C
Core #3 : 59C

Load (Prime95 large FFT Test)=

Tjunction: 100C
Core #0 : 72C
Core #1 : 67C
Core #2 : 71C
Core #3 : 69C

though still it never hang or BSOD or such like that even after a full day crysis playing (GPU Max 75C) but i still fear of its life and also does this high temp of cpu causing any kinda performance lag for it??? plz advice

Woah! That's warm!! What speeds are you running at?? A few things you could do is make sure the HSF is mounted properly. And clean up the stock thermal paste and use AS5 or MX-2.

The HSF is not installed properly had the same prob with 1 of my frends had o reseat the hsf. Do it you will have normal temps. Also hows airflow in ur cabby

Ur Mobo temp probe might have gone bad, Try slightly touching your Heatsink while the PC is on and it shows those temps. It should be really hot if not the temp probe is bad........

yeh...when i touching the Heatsink it seems not that much warm though it showing 75C on core ... is this really burn my CPU ?? coz from d 1st date its running at such condition without any hanging problem.... i carefully checked that CPU HSF is properly installed but i think the solution between HSF and CPU might gone wrong (i dont know much about this solution indeed)... by d way i am running cpu @ 2.40GHz which is stock...

luk at this pic ...u can understand whats wrong in it...

it increases gradually with sustained load for a long time

Don't worry about the temps, they're in range for a quad running on a stock HSF on an Intel board (reported temps are slightly higher than actual).

One quick test is to take the side panel off and checking the temps. If there is a large difference, you probably have an airflow issue. If they don't change much then you might want to reseat the HSF, but I doubt there'd be much difference. Aftermarket cooling may actually drop your temps significantly.

The 'solution' you're referring to is heatsink compound. I have used many types, and find that the variation is less than a degree or two with the heatspreader-based CPUs. You can find white grease in Chandni market. In spite of all the howls this statement will draw, I find that between that and AS5, there's really not that much difference in final temperatures.

sangram said:
Don't worry about the temps, they're in range for a quad running on a stock HSF on an Intel board (reported temps are slightly higher than actual).

One quick test is to take the side panel off and checking the temps. If there is a large difference, you probably have an airflow issue. If they don't change much then you might want to reseat the HSF, but I doubt there'd be much difference. Aftermarket cooling may actually drop your temps significantly.

The 'solution' you're referring to is heatsink compound. I have used many types, and find that the variation is less than a degree or two with the heatspreader-based CPUs. You can find white grease in Chandni market. In spite of all the howls this statement will draw, I find that between that and AS5, there's really not that much difference in final temperatures.

thx buddy... but as u can see my mobo is a Intel stuff ...does it support aftermarket cooler.. if yes plz suggest one which can really cool down my cpu.. also regarding AS5/MX2 does it really help to cool down significantly?...
@bloodgame18 - what do u think, dis is a helpful suggestion or just find nothing to comment on it seriously... i am in a bit of trouble u can see so plz dont make it a comedy

gamepagol said:
thx buddy... but as u can see my mobo is a Intel stuff ...does it support aftermarket cooler.. if yes plz suggest one which can really cool down my cpu.. also regarding AS5/MX2 does it really help to cool down significantly?...
Get a TR ultima 90 or a TRUE 120 and a 92mm/20mm fan to complement tat..

U can settle fer the TIM tat comes with the cooler so tat u needn invest in AS5/MX2.. :)

"Get a TR ultima 90 or a TRUE 120 and a 92mm/20mm fan to complement tat."

Get a TR ultima 90 or a TRUE 120 and a 92mm/120mm fan to complement tat.

Posting just so as to avoid further confusion to him!

Back