Home Gym on a Budget

The quotes I got in Delhi are Rs. 25/kg for rubber and Rs. 110/kg for steel ones. Rs. 180 extra for the dumbell rod.
Btw, is it strange if a magnet sticks to the steel plates? I used my magnetic phone case to try the steel plates and it stuck. Does that denote anything about quality? Or is it just the norm for dumbell plates, ie. they're mixed with a good bit of iron or something?

They are steel coated or something. Basically just iron with chrome coating.

They are steel coated or something. Basically just iron with chrome coating.

Oh. That makes sense. I guess there's no sense in having full steel plates... would even increase the size since steel is lighter.

So what do you guys prefer? Rubber or steel? I'm thinking of getting 20kg+20kg dumbbells. Wondering if 4k cost is justified if going the steel route.

Oh. That makes sense. I guess there's no sense in having full steel plates... would even increase the size since steel is lighter.

So what do you guys prefer? Rubber or steel? I'm thinking of getting 20kg+20kg dumbbells. Wondering if 4k cost is justified if going the steel route.

I'l be getting the Cast Iron ones, you can get them too. they cost around Rs.45/kg . Will get them painted black.

Every weight you get you need to divide by 4. So if you want 40kg in total, you'l need sets of 10kg plates.

Back