Graphic Cards High Temp on HD5770

Nir-V-aNa

Disciple
Hey guys,

I'm playing Dragon Age : Origins on my HD5770 with settings turned to high. The card idles at 42 degrees but within a few mins of playing DAO the temp shoots up to twice, i.e., around 84 degrees and the fan speed, which is set to automatic control in ati overdrive is around 55-60%. Now my noobish question is, can I enable ati overdrive and set the fan control manually, say to around 90-100% so that the card's temp comes down? The game is running pretty smooth but I'm worried about running the card at such high temps for too long :ashamed:

Thx a lot

Its probably dust clogged, a common problem with ref SKUs. Clean it and you might not have to raise the fan speeds.

Idle temp is pretty ok !! Even mine was arnd 45 !! But load temp is far beyond normal usage for gaming !! Run the fan speed at 80-90% !! Please add a intake in front of the GPU to bring down the temp levels !

Hmm mine HD5850 idles 38C, load 55C on 33% fan speed. I know, I clean the fan area every 3-4 months but still, I love my temps. Actually I got them to come down from around 64C on the same game to 55C, after I just undervolted my GPU(not underclocked, uNDERVOLTED)

Ref voltage was 1.088v, but I saw that the GPUs in HD5970 had a voltage of 1.049v, so I tried on mine, and it's been working like a charm over a year now.

^^

Not necessarily but yes you can do it at your own risk + MSI Afterburner is GUI app for the task most purists still prefer going through the BIOS.

Back