PC Peripherals Help to replace Microtek UPS battery ( 800VA double battery model )

sam000

Adept
For two years it worked flawlessly - now it suddenly provides zero backup - as soon as the power goes down it gives a non stop loud continuous beep - and crashes my PC.So i opened the UPS and i cant remove the connectors from the battery - it seemed to have been soldered or something - how to remove the connectors guys please help .

Here is a snap borrowed from another thread - i dont know how he managed to remove the red and black wires from the terminal :

cT5779xl.jpg

The manual i downloaded from the microtek site says to just remove the connectors from the terminal - but its not coming even if i use a plier :(.

This is the UPS :

http://www.microtekdirect.com/line_interactive_ups800.php

Posting here for those who have the same microtek UPS - the wires are soldered not glued like i thought - took it to microtek SC in tambaram chennai - they checked if the charging circuit was working correctly and the AVR was working fine etc - installed new microtek batteries for Rs 1300 (Rs 650 each) - in my town even the chinese 7 AH batteries cost Rs 700 so for me it was pretty cheap - The service charges was Rs 200 - pretty worth it - i was told when i got this UPS it would go bonkers as soon as warranty was over - so far pretty satisfied with its durability unike my previous crap APC BR1000IN.

Back