prithivi46

Disciple
May 8, 2010
Chennai
Hello folks,

I am in oscillating decision for choosing my printer

already have one Epson TX111

My Epson Case

1.Printer Head is gone and it costs 2K to replace it.

for spending 2k on it i can buy a new printer

i am choosing epson again because in their mechanism print head is inside the machine whereas in HP print head is on the Cartridge.

we can change print head regularly to get good quality and very good maintenance.

Thus HP

The models HP 1000 or HP 2000

The specifications of HP 1000 and 2000 are same but only the speed differs

is it worth spending the 1K more on the HP2000 or it is just the gimmic by the manufactures for costing 1K more on their products

About LASER i am preparing for GRE so my stay in INDIA is not assured

but i would like to know about the performance cost of ink etc

Thank you guys pls help me

Emperor

Skilled
Jan 12, 2006
prithivi46 said:
1.Printer Head is gone and it costs 2K to replace it.

for spending 2k on it i can buy a new printer

i am choosing epson again because in their mechanism print head is inside the machine whereas in HP print head is on the Cartridge.

we can change print head regularly to get good quality and very good maintenance.

... do you mean that initially changing printer head was cost less than 2k & now it's 2k :S

6pack

ex-Mod
Sep 19, 2005
@Emperor, he means he got a quote of 2k to get the print heads replaced. He feels he can get a better deal by buying a new printer (in 2k), instead of just replacing the heads.

Edit: See this post for suggestions in that budget

prithivi46

Disciple
May 8, 2010
Chennai
@6pack exactly said

@emperor

in Epson printer we get print head inside the mechanism so it is costing 2K

but whereas in HP we get the print head in the cartridge itelf so if our print head is faulty means we can just change the cartridge (then automatically the print head is changed this is not possible in epson)