Help in setting up Airtel connection [asus rt-n13u b1 ddwrt]

Hi

I recently purchased this router and flashed ddwrt firmware. I tried taking the help of people in some other threads but I am thoroughly confused and more so since I am a n00b in networking.

Would appreciate if someone can help me with the below queries:

• Is this router capable of working directly with the Airtel connection without using the beetel 450tc1 in between?
  • Currently it is using lan from beetel as wan and i am seeing wireless speeds of only 54mbps in the ddwrt status...is it caused by beetel as bottleneck? any way to remove this?
  • It operates at G and i want the n radio?
  • I tried connecting the wire directly to asus but it says there is no wire plugged in...so i thought its necessary to include the beetel in between
  • IF its necessary to include the beetel router, is there any way to use it as modem only, so that it doesnt become the bottleneck? Currently I have it only as wireless off...
  • I now have a 16 mbps connection from airtel...will this be supported if there is no way to get rid of the beetel?

Last edited:
1) No. You are going to require a modem and a wireless router combo for Airtel. And IIRC, isn't 450tc1 itself a router/modem combo ? If yes, this won't work with N13U in AP (access point mode). You will have to select "Repeater" mode, but that's a different story altogether.
3) Select from settings, through web admin panel.

4) Point no 1.

5) I don't think it's possible.

6) The beetel will support 16mbps connection, don't worry about that.

Back