Vote as per your Tablet Fantasy

• What Tablet? I prefer the pad, I mean iPad :ashamed:

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

axeteve

Disciple
Hi Guys,
Congratulation's to all for getting their brand new "Tablet PC" Sub-Forum. Please do say thanks to mod's and admins for this and the hard work they do to run TE smoothly.

And since this is new Sub-Section. Lets us desi's share fantasies of our mind for the next tablet.

Pls do vote and share your plans, wish-list and beyond.

Asus nexus? Shouldn't it be Samsung?

Google Nexus 7 with Jelly bean (Android 4.1) has been made by ASUS. So it's been called ASUS Google Nexus 7 Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) Tablet.

Google Nexus Mobile Phone with Ice Cream Sandvich (Android 4.0) has been made by Samsung. So it's been called Samsung Google Nexus Ice Cream Sandvich (Android 4.0) Mobile Phone
:)

Prebook google nexus 7 now at 16499
http://www.grabmore.in/products/12756606/ASUS-Google-Nexus-7%22-Tablet.html
To be released in October in India
Comes with android 4.1

It a redirect from desi dime.com, why not post the link directly ?
And it just takes you to the homepage not the relevant page.

BTW the price is definitely high even though it might be a hot product but that doesn't justify the high price. Better ask some friend / relative / use SNS like service to get it from US & you'll get sooner too. :)

It a redirect from desi dime.com, why not post the link directly ?
And it just takes you to the homepage not the relevant page.

BTW the price is definitely high even though it might be a hot product but that doesn't justify the high price. Better ask some friend / relative / use SNS like service to get it from US & you'll get sooner too. :)

Oky, Lets calculate

From Google play store:
$199 - Tablet (8GB Model)
$ 24 - NewYork State Tax
$ 19 - Delivery Charges (From play store to NewYork 11413 SNS Aramax Hub)

= $242 x Rs. 56 = 13,552

Rs. 1,500 (SNS shipping charge for around 3lbs.) (rough estimate)
Rs. 2,200 (Around $40 "Custom Charges at 17 percent + 2 percent service charges")

= Rs.1,500+ Rs. 2,200 = Rs. 3,700

Grand Total

= ( NewYork Chrages) + ( Shipping to india Charges + Custome Charges + Service Charges)

= (Rs. 13,552 + Rs. 3,700)

= Rs. 17, 252 (Give or Take few hundred Rupees) - Roughly this should be the final price via SNS.

Asus is gonna launch it in India in September end to October so why not wait till then
You'll get the tab + Indian warranty as Asus will officially launch it in India which won't be possible with any of the imported stuff like what that site 'grab more' will sell. That site is going to ship imported pieces so you'll ship back to U.S. for warranty which will be a headache & not to forget the Indian customs.

Check this out:

An Asus spokesperson told the TOI that the tablet would be available in India in October. "We hope to complete the process to bring the tablet to India by the end of September. Once we have the sufficient stock, we will launch it here," said the spokesperson.

Asus did not reveal the details about price. "Price and other details, including exact configuration of the tablet, will be decided in September," the spokesperson said.

Given its relatively low price in the US, Nexus 7 may turn out to be one of the most affordable high-end tablets in India.

The Nexus 7 announced by Google is powered by a quad-core 1.3Ghz processor. It has 1GB RAM and a 1.2MP front camera. The device runs on Jelly Bean, the latest version of Android that was also announced at Google I/O.

SOURCE: http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...android-tablets-nexus-devices-android-devices

Cheers ! :)

Asus is gonna launch it in India in September end to October so why not wait till then
You'll get the tab + Indian warranty as Asus will officially launch it in India which won't be possible with any of the imported stuff like what that site 'grab more' will sell. That site is going to ship imported pieces so you'll ship back to U.S. for warranty which will be a headache & not to forget the Indian customs.

Check this out:

SOURCE: Google?s Nexus tablet launching in India in October - Times Of India

Cheers ! :)

Oky, Now I'll tell you my experience of Asus India and Google India.

1. Both of them DO NOT REPRESENT ASUS OR GOOGLE DIRECTLY IN INDIA. They are rather employed by either Stockist or Dealer South East Asia.
This info I got directly from ASUS Taiwan and ASUS / GOOGLE USA. So this Press PR is just marketing hyperbole.

2. GOOGLE is not interested in selling this in Indian subcontinent or any other continent where they DO NOT SELL their services or subscription etc. As they are going to make money through these services only and not the actual hardware.

3. Regarding the prices, We can compare it to the other ASUS tablets.
Asus US Transformer TF101 US Price is $299, Indian Price is Around Rs. 29999
Transformer Prime US price is $399, India Price is around Rs. 39999

So by this ratio I Expect $199 (8GB) will be priced around Rs. 17999 and $249 (16GB) will be priced around Rs. 19999 in India.

Or look at any other products of these biggies and compare the US and india price. They are never priced fairly to us Indians.
:(

I am not gonna speculate anything like it is for press PR.

Let's hope they release it India as it'll be risky to get it without any warranty.

I am not gonna speculate anything like it is for press PR.

Let's hope they release it India as it'll be risky to get it without any warranty.

I agree on warranty issue, But I think all asus products carry International warranty on all their products.
Though I'm not sure about this ASUS Google Nexus 7 Tablet.

Back