Video HDMI to VGA

adi_vastava

Code Game Code F**K
Adept
Some time back when I purchased PS3; I did not have a HDMI monitor. And was hunting for something which can convert HDMI output to VGA. I ended up spending 30K on a new LCD(well ok, I would have bought that anyways).

The only solution that time was a VGA box; not available for sale in India.

Now which surfing I happen to find following at ebay, http://www.ebay.in/itm/HDMI-TO-VGA-...ions&hash=item3cd58ef1ab&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1156

I have no clue if this really works; considering the nature of two signals is different (digital vs analogue). But thought its worth sharing.

Haven't used one so can't say for sure wether this will work but from the looks of it you will loose audio output

I haven't checked your link but these convertors work alright.
Good to know; so is there some kind on converter in between as same is not clear from the picture.[DOUBLEPOST=1378734083][/DOUBLEPOST]
Haven't used one so can't say for sure wether this will work but from the looks of it you will loose audio output

Well, that is obvious as VGA output does not contain one. The point here though is to use old monitor (only VGA input) with new devices.

Good to know; so is there some kind on converter in between as same is not clear from the picture.[DOUBLEPOST=1378734083][/DOUBLEPOST]
Generally, these convertors are so small that the circuit is incorporated/concealed in the plug itself. I've seen some convertors having a separate audio output as well.

Precisely what I ment to say.earlier there are cables out there with seperate audio out also. this one does not seem to have that

Hdmi to dvi would work as both are digital.

Hdmi to vga is very doubtful as vga is analog and thus would need a active conversion box.

Vga and dvi do not carry sound signals with them, so you would need to connect your rca cable as well as i dont think your old monitor will have speakers in it.

Hdmi to dvi would work as both are digital.

Hdmi to vga is very doubtful as vga is analog and thus would need a active conversion box.

Vga and dvi do not carry sound signals with them, so you would need to connect your rca cable as well as i dont think your old monitor will have speakers in it.

DVI is can carry both actually, analogue and digital. DVI-i, DVI-D, DVI-A (''i'' means it can carry both signals).

I do not have/need this. :p Such thing was non-existent in India when I bought my PS3, so thought to share it.

Back