Hathway introduces ultra high speed internet Plans in South Mumbai

swatkats

Skilled
TdKFi9l.png

Cable and broadband company Hathway Cable and Datacom Ltd has launched the Docsis 3.0 ultra High speed network, a widely deployed technology that powers leading broadband markets like USA, Korea and Europe.

Hathway Docsis 3.0 plans start from monthly Rs 599 and go upto Rs 1499 for the 50 Mbps plan which offers 50 GB of download data. Hathway will also be launching a dedicated service desk exclusively for the Docsis 3.0 customers which will have fully trained staff to handle any service requirements pertaining to high speed internetaccess through multiple devices. Hathway is also geared to deliver 99.9% network availability and service issue resolution within 24 hours.
The network is initially being deployed in South Mumbai and has been extensively tested. All existing and new customers of Hathway Broadband in South Mumbai can upgrade to the Docsis 3.0 plans. The customers will be provided a Docsis 3.0 Modem by Hathway which will be capable of supporting the ultra high speed plans. The company plans to rollout the Docsis 3.0 network in Pune, Bangalore and Hyderabad during this fiscal.

“We are the first Company to launch a Docsis 3.0 network in the country. With our Docsis 3.0 network supplied by CISCO we are ready to deliver Ultra High Speed Broadband upto 50 Mbps to every retail customer in South Mumbai. We see Broadband as a key part of our Business Portfolio and we will soon be launching the Docsis 3.0 networks in other parts of the country. We are enabling our network for delivering a superior HD video experience on our Cable TV as well as
on Broadband,” said Jagdish Kumar, managing director & CEO, Hathway Cable & Datacom Ltd.

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...-internet-in-south-mumbai-113100700588_1.html

What stupid fup limits. 10GB per month for 600 rupees . From 15Mbps (around 1.5MB) to 512Kbps (around 60KB) speeds after that. Its like falling off a cliff and being put on life support. :confused:

Firstly they shouldn't have offered 15mbps for as low as 600/mo, as they have offered what do they expect the user to do? Download few files fastly and crawl rest of the month?

600 plan should have been something like this.. 5mbps up to 25 gb and then 512kbps.. Completely makes sense.

These High Speed plans cannot attract Broadband users to shift to their ISP,It is complete Non Sense. Get Inspired by Beam Telecom or Else Go Missing.

Cannot see the picture in office so did not know the FUP. But yes it is pretty bad.
I had a YOU broadband plan which had normal speed of 12 Mbps and after FUP speed of 256 kbps, that sucks.

yeah @raksrules Such plans Suck. 50mbps up to 50Gb is a big joke, I know even a low end user would hit that limit in one week with such speed.
1499 plan - Rs 10/gb * 100Gb = Rs1000+ 512kbps for Rs300 + Rs 185 Service tax would have been ideal thing.
these plans are f**king terrible.

post FUP the speeds should have to be 2mbps atleast.(4mbps favourably)
512kbps after 15mbps is sucking the life out of the user.

Ok talking about Hyderabad Here as Hathway has planned to upgrade to Docsis 3.0 soon.
If they come with such plans they won't be able to sell. If they want to sell their product gotta be better than beam has to offer.
something like 4mbps up to 25 Gb and 1mbps for 599 (or) 25mbps up to 100Gb and 4mbps for 1499.
Pioneer Broadband is Struggling here to sell 4mbps unlimited plan for 750 like plans due to after sales Support issues.

Hathway's uptime varies significantly in South Mumbai too.. sometimes it will conk off 15-20 times a month. Some areas are ok.. some are pathetic

Its Churchgate to Khar if I'm not mistaken. Beyond Khar, its called suburbs.
I don't know about central part though. It could be from CST till Parel.

50GB for 50mbps FUP & around 13xx per month ???

I pay same for joister 16 mbps UL, just in 12 hours I downloaded 40GB of data today morning when I checked, if this was my FUP then it would expire within less than 24 hours.

I pay same for joister 16 mbps UL, just in 12 hours I downloaded 40GB of data today morning when I checked, if this was my FUP then it would expire within less than 24 hours.

I wish had such ISP here. 16mbps at 1300 odd.
I have a 10mbps unlimited option for 1k but 3kms away from my place:mad:

guys a bit of insight i wanna share, i'm using the speedway 5mb pack with 25gb limit, now the secret with hathway is that when u get informed by sms or by call that you have done your 25gb, donot yes donot reboot your router or the hathway modem, why, because if you do reboot, you will get capped as per the FUP limits set on the plan. I am using hathway since 4 months and i have got capped only once until now, that's because i rebooted their modem when i received the message that i have crossed the limit.

Adding further more, my society has a deal with them so we anyways get 5mbps unlimited sans any limits, so the FUP is not applicable to me at all.

I had FUP when i used it for the first 3 months but then our society got into a deal with them to connect the entire building on the 5mbps speedway plan

Last edited:
Back