Has anyone given the IELTS exam?

Ecstasy

Disciple
I was planning on giving the exams by this march. Has anyone over here appeared for it?

Any help would be great, thanks.
Best Regards.

its a pretty easy exam.but time management is imp. u get the ielts prep book & cassetes from Brit Council. 400 bux i think.go through them once & listen to the cassetes on a walkman.and do practice writing some essays!

imo TOEFL is a bit tough as it dips more into every day grammatical error made by a common man and of course it has a bit of

MATHS in it. IELTS on the other hand isnt all that tough as it only revolves around English and more of a confidence measuring

tool designed by them. Anything above 6.5 in IELTS is good and acceptable by most of the universities around the world.

Having appeared for IELTS once and scored 8 in that, i can say that its one of the easiest exams ever. But you really need to

be alert at whats coming to you in the paper. All you need to do is solve and hear the material provided by either British Council

or IDP Australia which is located in Churchgate, Mumbai. You really dont need to do anything else :)

yeah... i did... i did... :eek:hyeah:
overall band score of 7.5.. not a tough exam if u know english pretty well.. :)
u just need practising the essays... I hadn't written an essay in the past 6-7 years... :rofl:

I have registered myself with IDP. I'm planning to go to Aus for the July intake.

I wanted to know which part is the toughest and to which part should i concentrate more?

As in there are 4 sections right.. Listening, reading, writing and speaking. From what i heard from couple of guys reading part is bit tough compared to the rest.

Hi Ecstacy i am also planning to go to Australia for the July intake :D.I am yet to give the IELTS but have prepared for it when i was in 8th sem it was 2 years ago ,i would say its a pretty easy exam as compared to TOEFL.

Ecstasy said:
I have registered myself with IDP. I'm planning to go to Aus for the July intake.

I wanted to know which part is the toughest and to which part should i concentrate more?

As in there are 4 sections right.. Listening, reading, writing and speaking. From what i heard from couple of guys reading part is bit tough compared to the rest.

If you are planning for Australia, do inquire about another exam called TAFE,
its just like IELTS but is only recognized in Australia. I would recommend
appearing for both if Australia is concerned. Some varsities acknowledge IELTS some TAFE. Just be on a safer side :)

BackToExistence said:
imo TOEFL is a bit tough as it dips more into every day grammatical error made by a common man and of course it has a bit of

MATHS in it. IELTS on the other hand isnt all that tough as it only revolves around English and more of a confidence measuring

tool designed by them. Anything above 6.5 in IELTS is good and acceptable by most of the universities around the world.

Having appeared for IELTS once and scored 8 in that, i can say that its one of the easiest exams ever. But you really need to

be alert at whats coming to you in the paper. All you need to do is solve and hear the material provided by either British Council

or IDP Australia which is located in Churchgate, Mumbai. You really dont need to do anything else :)

What are you smoking? :S

TOEFL does not have any MATH in it. Its a completely English oriented Test..

Its damn easy too. I managed 115 without any preps. All you need to know is the format of the test.

Hotstuff said:
sorry for changing the topic... how is toefl... easy or tough.... wat is the min amt of prep required

I managed 300 in TOEFL with absolute zero preparation. Now the pattern has changed I believe. When I gave the exam, it was bull$hit.

sTALKEr said:
What are you smoking? :S
TOEFL does not have any MATH in it. Its a completely English oriented Test..
Its damn easy too. I managed 115 without any preps. All you need to know is the format of the test.

Dang :S

got that info from a friend, never appeared for TOEFL tho.. :p

Chaos said:
I managed 300 in TOEFL with absolute zero preparation. Now the pattern has changed I believe. When I gave the exam, it was bull$hit.

bleeedy test can still be aced with zilch preps. :rofl:

Back