Guinness Record For Maximum Sms In A Month, 182,689 SMSs per month !

imranais

Disciple
Deepak Sharma went on record with the Guinness Book for having sent the most SMS messages in a single month: 182,689. We’re not sure if that’s total, or unique messages, but if you’d like us to break that down for you, that’s about 6,100 messages a day, 253 an hour, 4.2 a minute, or a new one every 14 seconds or so.” reports Engadget

WebIndia 123 reported that “Deepak Sharma aims to increase the number to 3,00,000 in the coming month. Sharma received a bill of 1411 pages this month, which was sent specially to him by Airtel. He is making the best out of Airtel’s scheme of unlimited SMS with 99 paise.”

Airtel is one of India’s top mobile operators. They would never have thought this Ludhiana man would have used their unlimited SMS mobile scheme to set a world record. Maybe Airtel is thinking of closing this mobile phone SMS payment plan soon!

read the story on http://www.quickonlinetips.com/archives/20...ile-phone-plan/

Man and in Mumbai Hutch charges local sms @1.5/message and if I pay Rs.25, I pay 0.75/sms...no other sms package :(

my plan 100 sms free per day by hutch....is there such unlimited plan (sms ) in bangalore?...airtel/hutch?
Sharma received a bill of 1411 pages this month, which was sent specially to him by Airtel.
:rofl: :lol: my bill doesnt go above 3 pages....lol

Ok I have an airtel Lifetime Plan ! The scheme is ....u pay rs 29 rental per month and Hence forth for every message u will be charged just 5 paise .... so that means u can do 20 sms for 1 Rupee ! :) Not bad !

u guys are lucky not to be in mumbai!!

Bluffmaster If you pay 29Rs your sms is charged 5p/message, in mumbai if I pay 25 Rs. rental my sms charge would be 75p/message, without this package sms is charged @1.5/message... :( :(

Update

City man sends six lakh SMSes in month

Says he and his wife remained busy sending messages from dawn to dusk, to stake claim for world record; ignored irritation of friends

Express News Service

Ludhiana, September 30: City resident, Deepak Sharma has made a record of sending more than six lakh text messages (SMS) in the span of one month. Feeling overjoyed he claimed, ‘‘I am the first person in the world to send so many text messages (SMS) in one month. Now I will send my claim to Guiness Book of Records.’’

Before claiming the record, Deepak said he had already checked up Guiness Book of Records as well as Limca Book of Records and found that he had broken the record of another Indian for sending five lakh text messages in a month.

Advertisement

He said,‘‘I sent 6,38,431 text messages in one month, from July 26 to August 25 under Unlimited SMS Scheme of Airtel and company gave me the discount of Rs 1,278,120.’’

Deepka runs a shop of mobile phones in Haibowal. He said, ‘‘My wife Shiwani also helped me a lot in sending these text messages. From dawn to dusk we kept sending text messages to friends, relatives and our customers. We also sent messages like ‘send this SMS to nine people, otherwise you will be unlucky for some months.’ Some of my friends used to feel irritated over such messages, but I just ignored their reaction and just remained focused on my aim of achieving the target of maximum text messages in the world in one month’s time.’’

Source: City man sends six lakh SMSes in month

hyderabad sux, no free msging scheme
chennai is awesome, u get free msging in almost all the service providers.

"Unlimited sms" is the name of the game here :hap2:

super_saiyan said:
my plan 100 sms free per day by hutch....is there such unlimited plan (sms ) in bangalore?...airtel/hutch?

:rofl: :lol: my bill doesnt go above 3 pages....lol

Prepaid here. No bills. I dnt like people at my house snooping over what numbers I call and sms :p

KingKrool said:
Thos guys were sending a lot of spam. If I was one of the recipients, I would have gone to the cops. That would have been fun.

You should take a Hutch Mumbai number. They are insane. You'll surely want to go to the cops

jayken said:
hyderabad sux, no free msging scheme

There was a scheme by Hutch allowing H2H free sms @ Rs. 1/day. Other Servic providers were charged at Rs1 per sms They later changed the plan and made it 2ps for all CSP at the same rental

TheBroker said:
There was a scheme by Hutch allowing H2H free sms @ Rs. 1/day. Other Servic providers were charged at Rs1 per sms They later changed the plan and made it 2ps for all CSP at the same rental
how do i get that ,wutst he exact plan :p

Back