Graphic Cards gtx 580 psu doubt

fatjivi

Disciple
ive recently bought galaxy gtx 580
my psu is cm gx 750
one of my frnds pc got fried and he had the same psu and gtx 480
some ppl r telling me to change my psu to corsair as they consider this pus to be bad for my gtx 580 but im doubtful
plz suggest what i should do??
will i be ok with my current psu or should i change it??

Spec wise that PSU seems good enough, but it seems coolermaster have bad quality control. I would say you can use it no problem your friend had a bad unit most likely. Best option would be to change it to a corsair unit but its not absolutely required.

Its not a extreme series psu the specs on yours are on par with other psu's.

still , it's preferable if u change ur PSU ...it's better safe than sorry ...... :p ...

get the corsair one , the VX series atlest ...... jap capacitors would do great for u , Plus 5 yr warranty (i guess), just check it out........ there have been incidents the CM psu's have been soldered to the gfx card itself due to power surge !!!

ALPHA17 said:
Yeah the GX series is a sorry piece of story from Cooler Master their current low end line-up is seriously in a very messed up state, better go for a Seasonic PSU or FSP as these companies are the oly ones which have not come under spectral controversies, even Corsair is in Shit :bleh:

http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/corsair-ripping-people-off-selling-low-181529.html
Thats the TX series. Also some of the VX series. Actually it still would much better than the CM GX series. But changing OEM of the PSU without informing even review sites is very disappointing :( (I feel its unethical business practice)

Its better to go with the HX series(modular) for Corsair or Seasonic S12 D series(non-modular).

Buy a Corsair TX750 or Seasonic S12D 750w... these PSUs can handle the GTX580... But if u have enough money to spend on a PSU then buy a modular PSU like HX750 or AX750 (80+ Gold Rated) :D

The TX750 will no longer be enough.

Seasonic M/S 750 or above or Corsair HX750 or above or CM Real Power 750 or above.

However, I recommend going for at least 850-900 watts keeping in mind future possibilities/upgrades including perhaps SLI later. So for that even 1000 watts isn't really an overkill, but not worth the money atm. However, 850 watts is the sweet spot.

Back