Graphic Cards Graphics card from US

my sister gonna come from US after Diwali.
so thinking of getting nice GFX card for myself from US :bleh:
My configuration is in my signature.
Please go through it.
My friend suggested two gfx cards :-
1. Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 279L Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

2. Newegg.com - ZOTAC ZT-20101-10P GeForce GTS 250 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Budget is strictly <$140.
Also if you find any cheapest gfx card which is worth buying please post the links.
Newegg or amazon sites are preferred.

wait till the last minute. Graphic card market will be very volatile in coming days. So order something just 5-6 days before she leaves from there and you might get much much better deals than what you are getting now.

If you're choosing GTX 260 because of rebate don't be fooled. Rebates take long and company's try to the maximum that you don't get it.

Just go for the 4870 , if that's a little over the budget go for GTS 250.

Why do you want to give up on much better card like 4870 and go for GTS250 for $10??

And 4870 itself is less than $150.

Forget about GTS250, either get 4870 (which is within your budget ) or increase your budget by another $20-25 and go directly for GTS 260 (216 shaders edition)

abhisinalkar said:
what abt GTS 250 or 260 rather than ATI ??
Any reasons you dont want to go with ATI?..

Wait till october 2nd week..diwali is on oct 17th right?..5750 and 5770 might release before that on Oct 10th..i suggest you wait till then..I am not sure when they will actually be available for order and how long it will take to be shipped after u order it..
btw 5750 might be priced around $150..

if its not available then go ahead and get a 4870 within ur budget as Shripad suggested..

That GTX 260 sound's perfect although I would be worried about that "90-day manufaturer's warranty" , the length of the card and the Power supply. You need 2 6Pin for GTX 260 and I guess the Seasonic has only one 6 Pin.

Do not buy refurbished and recertified products from newegg.

It makes sense to people living in US, not to us. Keep in mind these are returned products by buyers and they might be faulty. People in US can return these to newegg and get another product / credit. We cant do that.

also i heard that AMD goes better with Nvidia GFX cards and Intel with ATI gfx cards ?? is this true ??

Hmm where do people come up with such stuff? :) Did you even know ATI is owned by AMD, now why wouldnt they make better products for their own product?

As Shripad said, avoid refurbished stuff, at that budget buy a 1gb 4870.

Back