Graphic Cards Graphic card suggestions!!

hitlsg

Disciple
Hi,

My current setup is as follows.

Processor - AMD Athlon II x 4 620BE
Ram - Crossair 6GB DDRIII 1333MHz
SMPS - Gigabyte Superb 450W
Moniter - Benque 2220

Will be using the system for Gaming purpose.
Would like to play World of Warcraft on high-extreme Graphics with 3D enabled if possible..........stereoscopic or will buy 3d glasses later.

Budget- 8-12k

Thanks in advance!!!

hitlsg said:
i thought we don't need any specific 3d enabled monitor for viewing stereoscopic 3d.........

A non-3D Monitor cannot feed the display with enough refresh rate to give you a jitter free experience minimum monitor refresh rate recommended is -- 100Hz, most 3D monitors have a refresh rate @120Hz [60Hz to each channel for a good Surround 3D experience] -- How 3D Monitors Work.

Also to augment [pun intended] the experience, you'll need a graphics card with sufficient muscle to push all this load in 3D, I would recommend a nVidia GTX 560 Ti / AMD HD 6950 2GB minimum for such a set-up. Preferable is nVidia as the 3D Vision technology by them is much more mature compared to AMD's HD3D.

Here are some more reads on the same, Cheers!! Sire --

NVIDIA 3D Vision / Nvidia 3D Vision - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia / 3D Platform Wars: NVIDIA vs AMD vs HDTV | AMD HD3D,NVIDIA 3D Vision,3D HDTV,3D,3DTV Play,Platform,Radeon 6850,Radeon 6870,TriDef,Dynamic Digital Depth,3D Platform Wars: NVIDIA vs AMD vs HDTV / NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Review - Our Thoughts After A 30-Day Test Drive - Legit Reviews / Stereoscopic 3D With AMD.

Hope this helped.

I would also recommend Nvidia 560Ti, because the Nvidia 3D vision is much better than AMD's and it also has very large no of games supported. :hap2:

Also, u should go for a 3D monitor first, else all the experience would be killed by a 60Hz monitor. :no:

^ +1 to that. 6850/6870 + PSU upgrade.

Ditch the idea of playing games in 3D. You won't be able to play latest games with acceptable frame rates.

Sorry for such a late reply.......

I have managed to convince my bro to get another PSU also.

So now he gave me a budget of 14k for both PSU and Graphics card.

Also i ll be selling my 460W Gigabyet superb for 1k odd bugs......

so total budget is now 15k+ 2.5k(poket money :p) = 17.5k

Please suggest a good combo of PSU and graphic card .............i really hate playing with onboard GPU as my older GPU gave up last month.

I am looking for a good graphic card just like my older graphic card....XFX 8800 Alpha Dog Edition.

And to be true i am a bit biased towards XFX cos my experience with last graphic card was very good.

And . . . about 3D thing.....with my older card i was able to play games in 3d.......although not with very good detail...but who cares....when u can show off 3D viewing to your friends on a normal monitor.

Its just like have something that no one else in your group has..:p

Thanks in advance......love this community!!

SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Power Supply - 4600/ and N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC @ Rs.13,600/-.....

Or if you really dont want to spend more than 17.5K, then SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Power Supply - 4600/ + MSI 6870 Twin frozr II/OC @ 11600/-

You can also go for either of those cards with Corsair TX650

if you are getting hd 6870 then seasonic s12ii 520w-3.6k is enough.If you can manage 17.5 or 18k then get N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC-Rs.13,600+corsair vx550w-4500rs.

Back