Google to Launch Nexus 4, 7 and 10 in India

as much as i want the Nexus 4 to launch here... i doubt it will.... 2 main reasons (my pov)...
1. google's history with product launches in India... how many google products have been launched in India? ans. too few to bother.

2. lg has launched Optimus G here for 30k... which is basically nexus 4 with a better 13 mp cam and slightly better screen... so the actual nexus 4 being priced lower (even if it is priced 25k, it'll still be a gr8 grab)and hving the branding of google will eat into lg's market share.

as much as i want the Nexus 4 to launch here... i doubt it will.... 2 main reasons (my pov)...
1. google's history with product launches in India... how many google products have been launched in India? ans. too few to bother.

2. lg has launched Optimus G here for 30k... which is basically nexus 4 with a better 13 mp cam and slightly better screen... so the actual nexus 4 being priced lower (even if it is priced 25k, it'll still be a gr8 grab)and hving the branding of google will eat into lg's market share.
Are you saying the Optimus and Nexus do not co exist in world markets?

Are you saying the Optimus and Nexus do not co exist in world markets?

they do... but when u consider both the points and the fact that in world markets optimus g would be sold on contract, it would be cheaper than nexus 4(see here) but here it will be in competition.
see for example, even if the nexus is launched here between 25-30k (price its being sold in the grey market) it'll still have buyers over the optimus G, (which it already does).
i would buy it over Optimus G, even if it was just for the vanilla android experience.

i could most definitely be wrong but like i said i these were my POVs..,. if it launches here i'd be one for the first ones to order the phone... :)

Asus has priced the Wi-Fi-only variant of Nexus 7 at Rs 18,999, while the Wi-Fi+3G model costs Rs 21,999.

I hope price will come down soon.

but guys,isnt it stock clearance sell?
next month,they are coming out with second gen.why buy something old.

Old doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. Sure they're coming out with next gen.. but when the previous (current gen) has not yet made an official entry here till now.. what makes you think the next gen is gonna be here any sooner, given Google's pathetic record in India with product launch timelines?

The GN4 is still one awesome capable droid that packs a huge amount of features at just the right price (even at INR conversion rates) to justify keeping it for a while to come. Also don't forget it's more than likely to see official support from Google with Android updates at least for the next 2 iterations giving you about 2 years return for the bang on your buck! What more do you need?

If you get sucked into the "latest is greatest" game.. the only one's benefitting at the manufacturers who'd love nothing better than for every person to upgrade their phone every 1 year if not less.

Have prices been dropped? The Indiatimes article says 18,999 but the site shows me 15,999 for the Nexus 7 16GB Wifi?

Old doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. Sure they're coming out with next gen.. but when the previous (current gen) has not yet made an official entry here till now.. what makes you think the next gen is gonna be here any sooner, given Google's pathetic record in India with product launch timelines?

The GN4 is still one awesome capable droid that packs a huge amount of features at just the right price (even at INR conversion rates) to justify keeping it for a while to come. Also don't forget it's more than likely to see official support from Google with Android updates at least for the next 2 iterations giving you about 2 years return for the bang on your buck! What more do you need?

If you get sucked into the "latest is greatest" game.. the only one's benefitting at the manufacturers who'd love nothing better than for every person to upgrade their phone every 1 year if not less.

nvidia tegra 3 as well as 4 are fail due to higher power consumption and less performance per watt.

tegra 4 does not even have single tier one parter like htc or likes.

already reuters is reporting qualcomm snapdragon based second gen nexus that too at lower price points.
what does that tell you??

you all nexus lovers wont see the point and keep paying for stock clearance stuff at full market price.

in usa,this stuff is already availble for discounts and here you keep paying full price.
anyways if you dont value your own hard earned money,keep buying old junk.

I never.upgrade as per.manufacturer cycles.
my 6 yrs.old vaio still runs absolute fine with new battery and ssd.never felt need to upgrade to core i.
its screen color are still excellent and I find panel quality far better than current gen systems like.thinkpad e430 which I got for my sister.

and support for two generations of android might.be dream.

nexus s despite having all the required.hardware,is refused updates beyond 4.1

same happened with original nexus as well.

so what tells you that google will keep nexus 7 upgraded for whatever beyond key lime ??

history repeats.

Back