Google nexus one in water please help

dineshnadar

Disciple
My nexus one was dropped by my small brother in a glass of water ....i removed it as fast as i can then i used a dryer on it removed the battery and all 4 2-3 hours now no water left inside .....now when i start the phone it vibrates and the down Back-Menu-Home-Search button there i can see the white light as everytime but the screen is blank what should i doo i am really afraid ...i dnt even have the warranty and i am 4m mumbai any help ....tried 2 hard reset the phone holding the volume and power button when i do .....some blu green lights go up and down for some while then it goes away wad shld i do pleaseeeee help !!

lol. you're screwed :p say bye-bye nexus one since you cannot even RMA it because of water damage :p

@Metalspree

Why are people sending over their damaged phones to you. You have some setting there kya ??

@OP

Remove the battery and cover and separate all this and keep in bowl of dry uncooked rice for a couple of days. It may revive the phone, if nothing happens, send to MS

have you tried to get it repaired by the friendly neighbourhood mobile service centre

dunno if there has been short circuit resulting in the glow etc...

You shouldn't have powered it so soon. Never use a hair dryer because the air it blasts has charged particles and can damage components sensitive to the slightest of fluctuations.

Dry it with the heat of a light bulb and wait for 3 - 4 days at least before powering it.

Ragin_Ice said:
You shouldn't have powered it so soon.
Yep, i guess the anxiety played a major role there :(

50-50 chance of a shortcircuit.

Ragin_Ice said:
Dry it with the heat of a light bulb and wait for 3 - 4 days at least before powering it.
Would dismantling it be more effective along with the above.

OT:This reminds me of an incident from long back, guy's taking a pee, whilst talking on the phone, next thing you know its dropped into the you-know-what. What's he do ?

Fish it out and stick it in the micro-wave (!)

One of the quicker thinking passers retrieved it before the explosion :lol:

@ Ragin_ice thnkx 4 the info now i have switched it off will on it after 2-3days ...

@ cravikum , local mobile shop people ask when i showed him my mobile he says he doesnt repair china mobiles , they don't even have idea about nexus one so why take risk giving them.

@ raksrules , Will try that 2

@ ultimabasher what is the rice method ?

@ blr_p , i had already switched it on as i got it 4m water seems there i made a mistake lets see right now i have switched it off and have keep it in a dry place lets hope 4 the best !!!

Rice will not be as effective as the stuff used to keep camera lenses dry.

Tho, if you have a light on it then its not necessary to use either.

All that can be offered at this point is prayers :)

Dismantle as much of it as you can and let it dry..
I hope there must be dismantling videos on youtube, many nokia phones do..
Dry it completely and it may work just fine..

Lastly be carefull with expensive-shit man!

Reminds me of my SE mobile which accidentally had a holy bath in Ganges. I immediately removed the battery and didnt put it back for 2 days. Then took it to a service centre guy who just cleaned it a bit and it worked as good as new again.

Well my iPod Touch got wet once and I was not able to unlock it coz the touch went weird... I was scared to death :S But I turned it off and kept it under my room's ceiling fan. Checked it the next day it was all dry... turned it on and the touch was working fine. Since then I'm very careful with my iTouch near water :)

yahoooooooooooooooo people guess what yesterday i left my phone on a bowl of uncooked rice and today morning i started my phone and Guess !!! H@H@H@ it started yupiiiii like a charm as it was .....checked the speakers the micrphone and all was 100% perfect infact the speakers were quite loud then before lolzz !!! I AM SO HAPPY !!! THNKS 2 ALL MEMBERS WHO REPLIED ME LOVE YOU PPL !!!! I WENT SIDDHIVINAYAK TEMPLE TODAY CAUSE MY PHONE WAS BACK 2 ME YAHOOOOO !!!! THNKX !! GOD BLESS YOU ALL !!

Back