Gizmodo journalist's comps seized

^If the guy who bought your stolen phone from the robber puts it up all over the media, well aware of his actions, you wouldn't want to or be able to do anything about it? That's utter crap.

Well, technically, Apple are not innovators in every single case. In some they are thieves. Even Jobs famously remarked, "Good Artists Copy, Great Artists Steal ". :p

As a company, Apple is one of the worst companies when it comes to ethics. For example, a big one, Apple used chemicals banned by WHO to develop products for developing markets which led GreenPeace organisation to launch a campaign in around 2005-6 iirc. I can give you many examples. But I will refrain from doing so.

Love apple products. They are awesome. I love both iPhone and Android and both are good. Also, I cannot do without my iPod. I am even considering buying a iPad. But do not overlook the malpractices of Apple as a company.

But one thing I agree about Apple is that the company makes such infectious products that the company gets into your blood and sometimes clouds your judgment. And in my opinion, it is quite a feat.

Supra said:
In INDIA Apple would not have been to do all these sh1t ! If you are working for Apple and loose iphone 5 and some auto walla flicks it and gives it to India TV news....you know what they would have done with it :rofl:

Damn if I loose or get my phone stolen , I cant do anything....but if APPLE looses it they can do anything they want. Is it the new corporate law ?

they will throw it away thinking of it as chinese clone :)

Indian media idiots can't write their own articles and rely on other blogs/techsites for their articles :)

please be rational here. Apple didn't lose a phone that is already in the market. They lost prototype of phone. in this industry, design speaks a lot and thankfully, the new design is ugly else we may have seen rip offs everywhere by now which will negate the advantage that they usually have.

greenhorn said:
They bought goods which were clearly stolen ,fully aware of the fact without attempting to return them ( no, calling apple does not suffice)

They outed the poor guy who lost it.

no sympathy from me.

I totally agree. Buying stolen goods (after being fully aware of the fact) is as much an offense as stealing them yourself.

Since this is a prototype we are talking about, its to be considered more of an IP than just a physical product, Apple has every right to protect its interests.

On the other hand I think the Apple employee totally deserves to be sacked. People do not randomly carry prototypes of unreleased products in their pockets. I am sure he brought it with the intention of selling it off.

The guy totally deserves to be fired. But i dont think naming and shaming him mattered. It just wasnt very honourable of them. If course, honor is subjective, and everyone is entitled to their view :)

also not to forget about possible loss of patents.

companyA loses it's prototype device that is under testing and patent to be applied.

employeeA loses the device and it gets into hands of workerA of companyB

workerA of companyB finds the info on innovations and quickly applies for patents on before companyA applies for.

This kind of situation would mean loss of IP, money and head-start. And though companyA designed the feature/functionality, they end up paying royalty to workerA of companyB.

This is one of few reasons why these corporates try to keep their designs and models highly confidential.

Well I read some article on website that apple inc. is not going to take action against that employee who lost the phone.:rofl:

Back