Germany Vs Costa Rica (FIFA World Cup 2006)

dipdude

Skilled
Group A | Munich | Friday, 9 June | 21:30 IST

World Cup hosts Germany open the tournament in Munich - and are without talismanic captain Michael Ballack.

Chelsea's new signing picked up a calf strain in the 3-0 friendly win over Colombia on 2 June and the injury has prevented him from training.

Germany coach Jurgen Klinsmann is likely to use Tim Borowski as Ballack's replacement in central midfield with Bastian Schweinsteiger on the left.

Former Derby striker Paulo Wanchope is set to lead the Costa Rica attack.

Germany (probable): Lehmann, Lahm, Nowotny, Mertesacker, Friedrich, Schweinsteiger, Frings, Borowski, Schneider, Podolski, Klose.

Costa Rica (probable): Porras, Umana, Marin, Gonzalez, Sequeira, Martinez, Solis, Centeno, Fonseca, Gomez, Wanchope.

Referee:
Horacio Elizondo (Argentina)

Head-to-heads

There have been no previous encounters between these nations.

(West) Germany are undefeated (four wins, one draw) in five World Cup matches against nations from the CONCACAF region.

Event would end on 21:00 IST.

Prefer Germany. But costa rica are no pushovers and germany are always bad starters :p

Lets see what happens. i have no sizablenicks to bet :|

about 1300 on germany... :D

their game . . . any time.

BTW Which channel would be airing the game tonight?? i hope they do not dub the commemtry in Hindi, i will have to watch the game in mute !!

me bettin 10 nickels on costa rica! ... i want the same thing that happened to france last time..senegal beat em in the first match..hopin for somethin similar here ::D..i know its highly improbable but miracles do happen ..and if costa rica wins i will get lots of nickels :D

100 on Costa Rica - you simply can't underestimate that team.

P.S. My first bet here on TE, hope to win... btw, can someone confirm that it's double or nothing if I win/lose?

Ha! Sounds good... but are those odds based on total betting or is it a common multiplier for all bets? If it's common, who is funding the winning nickels? :D Sorry for my OT post but I'd like to understand better :)

Back