Gaming Rig : Budget 65k

Nir-V-aNa

Disciple
Hi guys,

As the title suggests, need suggestions for a gaming rig for a friend within 65k including monitor :)

# Q: What is your budget?

1. 65K

# Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

1. None

# Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

1. None

# Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

1. MSI P55A Fuzion Motherboard - Motherboard

2. MSI R5850-PM2D1G-OC - Graphic Card (OVERCLOCKED EDITION)

3. Intel i5 - 760 - Processor

4. Ram - Corsair Dominator GT or Dominator 1600 mhz or XMS 3 DDR3 4GB Single Kit

5. Cabinet - NZXT Gamma

6. CPU Cooler - H50 Corsair Water Cooler

7. Power Supply - Corsair 750 watts

8. Monitor - Acer SH231L LED

9. Hard Disk - Samsung Spinpoint F3

10. Fan Control - Sentry 2

11. Fan - 120 mm Coolermaster R4-L2S-122B-GP BLUE LED FAN

# Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

1. Will add another 4gb ram stick later
2. Will add another GPU later on, chose the Fuzion board as it supports Nvidia + Ati dual setup so can add whichever brand has the better card at that time. That works right?

# Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

1. Mumbai

# Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

1. No, the rig is going to be bought on installments from a local dealer, so no can do :hap5:

# Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

1. Gaming
2. Browsing
3. Desktop Processing
4. HTPC
5. Download rig, 24x7 operation
6. Watching HD movies

# Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

1. Do not want to buy Asus/XFX product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic

# Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

1. All the latest and upcoming releases.

# Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

1. Gaming - 1080p
2. Desktop - 1080p

# Q: Are you looking to overclock?

1. Yes

# Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

1. Windows 7 64 bit

Please suggest any changes that you feel would improve the config or are unnecessary/incompatible. Its gonna be OCed as much as it can be so I thought of the H50. Was wondering if the Noctua air cooling (dont remember the model) would do? Also my friend emphasized on ram which runs on 1.65v 7-7-7-20.

Thx a lot! :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

One thing that I forgot to ask is will all of this (keep in mind the dual GPU setup and the H50) fit in the Nzxt Gamma? or should I change it to CM Elite 430?

For monitor i would suggest the Dell U2311H. Excellent IPS panel.
Go for a better cabby.
If u are planning on SLI or CFX go for it right away rather than buying one now and getting one later. Its not cost effective as there will be more powerful, efficient single cards released every year.

DarkAngel said:
For monitor i would suggest the Dell U2311H. Excellent IPS panel.

Go for a better cabby.

If u are planning on SLI or CFX go for it right away rather than buying one now and getting one later. Its not cost effective as there will be more powerful, efficient single cards released every year.
Thx for the reply as always :)

Well, the the U2311H is listed at 14.5k on SMC, a good 4k+ over this monitor + it has an 8ms response time. So is it worth the extra cash? Because I'm gonna have to cut back on something as the rest was coming upto 55k and the Acer is listed at 10.3k so it was just about fitting in budget. Which cabby would you suggest over this? And if I tell him to go for the GTX460 768mb Cyclone SLi then which components can I cut back on to fit it in budget? Going for the Benq G2220HD will save about 2-3k, anything else? Also what do you think about the H50 vs Noctua? Sorry for the bombardment of questions :p

Thx for the reply as always :)

Well, the the U2311H is listed at 14.5k on SMC, a good 4k+ over this monitor + it has an 8ms response time. So is it worth the extra cash? Because I'm gonna have to cut back on something as the rest was coming upto 55k and the Acer is listed at 10.3k so it was just about fitting in budget. Which cabby would you suggest over this? And if I tell him to go for the GTX460 768mb Cyclone SLi then which components can I cut back on to fit it in budget? Going for the Benq G2220HD will save about 2-3k, anything else? Also what do you think about the H50 vs Noctua? Sorry for the bombardment of questions :p
Not much idea about water cooling. Wait for experienced memebers to comment.

Fitting in the GTX460 SLI would be pretty difficult in that budget and would lead too many compromises in the rest of the components.

Depending on how much u are willing to spend. The CM 690 is good in the 4k-5k range. Again not sure about its water cooling with this cabby. So again wait for hard core OCers to comment :)

DarkAngel said:
Not much idea about water cooling. Wait for experienced memebers to comment.

Fitting in the GTX460 SLI would be pretty difficult in that budget and would lead too many compromises in the rest of the components.

Depending on how much u are willing to spend. The CM 690 is good in the 4k-5k range. Again not sure about its water cooling with this cabby. So again wait for hard core OCers to comment :)
If you are going for W/C only on the CPU (Getting Waterblocks - doing stuff will over shoot the budget like @#$^^** )

- Comparing water cooling and aircooling - is like apples vs oranged imo ...

But then on a cabinet like the Gamma , I believe you will have space constraints - IMO - Not very sure how you'd be cramming in a 5850/460 + The H50's RAD seems like something big is up . As DA Suggested - Go for a better cabby - CM690 - Tempest EVO - something like that - but then in well ventilated cabinets - the H50 and the D14 perform almost on par... This can clear some of your doubts - found this in a forum ...

On a well ventilated case + surrounding - D14 Hands down !

If its a crammed + poor venti + surrounding - H50 !

Again depends - Difference are like the ones in the link ...Choose wisely , think well :tongue:

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7475/nhd14.png

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/3672/h50.png

To add to that - the D14 Requires a lot of space too, You WILL need something like a 690 sized Mid-ATX case or elz might as well forget adding it in a gamma , afaik - the 5850 just about makes it in a gamma - tight living quarters - you need to cut corners on the above rig - btw I think you might be able to cram in that H50 in - just about right into the gamma , with the rad on back / side.

One more consideration to make is the weight - I dont think putting 1kg of metal hanging off the mobo will be particularly pleasing :p

-H50 Wins there ...

Comparing on buying - its a tough choice ..

Hope that helped

:cool2:

Well if the GTX 460 is playing truant tell your friend to wait it out if possible, new ATi 6xxx series is expected to hit shores by mid November and promise to be ROCK SOLID, I'm hoping to grab a 6770 along with 2 GB RAM then if budget + Dad are inclined, for which I intend to fast every Friday, stop buying games, going to Lord Hanuman's temple every Tuesday and Thursday and performing special Arti every Saturday in hope I might just get these components :tongue: :), and talk to your friend about the AMD alternatives.

AMD's Fall Refresh: New Phenom II and Athlon II CPUs Balance Price and Performance - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

Bench - CPU - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

AMD Radeon HD 6770 and 6750 spec sheets emerge, give NVIDIA cause for concern -- Engadget

Well if the GTX 460 is playing truant tell your friend to wait it out if possible, new ATi 6xxx series is expected to hit shores by mid November and promise to be ROCK SOLID, I'm hoping to grab a 6770 along with 2 GB RAM then if budget + Dad are inclined, for which I intend to fast every Friday, stop buying games, going to Lord Hanuman's temple every Tuesday and Thursday and performing special Arti every Saturday in hope I might just get these components :tongue: :), and talk to your friend about the AMD alternatives.

AMD's Fall Refresh: New Phenom II and Athlon II CPUs Balance Price and Performance - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

Bench - CPU - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

AMD Radeon HD 6770 and 6750 spec sheets emerge, give NVIDIA cause for concern -- Engadget

l33t said:
Hope that helped
:cool2:

Yes it did :)

Thx guys, repped!

Err..DA it won't let me rep you :( . Keeps saying I must spread some rep around before I rep you, even though I repped 2 others before that! :S

Yes it did :)

Thx guys, repped!

Err..DA it won't let me rep you :( . Keeps saying I must spread some rep around before I rep you, even though I repped 2 others before that! :S
Thats ok :) U have to rep a particular no of ppl. For eg., say 10+ before u could rep the same person again. Also u can rep only certain amt of ppl in 24 hrs. Nice to know that i helped. That would do :)

Back