Budget 31-40k Gaming Pc Build Under 40k

Kunal2630

Recruit
Amd Ryzen 5 5500gt
Msi B450M Pro
G.Skill Ripjaws V 16Gb
Kingston 1Tb Nv2 M.2
Ant Esports Rx Series Rx650 80 Plus

will there be any compatibility issues with this pc if not then suggest me some good monitor and white glass cabinet in budget.

Your part selections look fine. I don't see any incompatibilities. Do you plan to add a GPU to the setup? Does your budget (40k) also include the cost of the monitor, GPU and the cabinet?

1. Under the assumption that those prices are included in your budget, here are my suggestions

Cabinets

Monitors

Updated build after adding the suggested cabinet and monitor :

Alternate build
https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/9c7f8300-eb74-4a82-99bd-e45c0d118a38 (add a used RX 580 for ~6.5k)

2. In case you are willing to increase your budget by ~10k, you could check out these options

Cabinets

Monitors

Updated builds after adding the suggested cabinet and monitor :

Bonus builds
https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/3260ba79-7164-4763-9d88-855f35994cba (add a used RX 580 for ~6.5k)

The bundled stock cooler is sufficient enough in most scenarios. But, if you're not gonna add a dedicated GPU and want to travel down the OC route, then you'll need a dedicated cooler to maintain healthy temps at heavy workloads & gaming. If you won't be pushing your system that far, then you could save 2k by not getting an aftermarket cooler.

Honestly in this budget i recommend getting a 2nd hand CPU and GPU, preferably something like Ryzen 3 3300x or 3600x and for GPU nvidia 1060/1070/1650s/2060/amd 6500xt. While 5500gt will work fine you really don't want to depend on an APU as your primary gaming PC.

For monitor:
144hz https://www.amazon.in/LG-Ultragear-Freesync-Premium-Display/dp/B0B5V85CDR/
75hz-100hz? https://www.theitdepot.com/details-Acer+NITRO+VG240Y+E+24+inch+Full+HD+IPS+Monitor_C7P40868.html

Cabinet:
Cheapest I could found that looked alright https://www.vedantcomputers.com/pc-components/cabinet/ant-esports-100-air-mini-gaming-cabinet-white

Your part selections look fine. I don't see any incompatibilities. Do you plan to add a GPU to the setup? Does your budget (40k) also include the cost of the monitor, GPU and the cabinet?

1. Under the assumption that those prices are included in your budget, here are my suggestions

Cabinets

Monitors

Updated build after adding the suggested cabinet and monitor :

Alternate build
https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/9c7f8300-eb74-4a82-99bd-e45c0d118a38 (add a used RX 580 for ~6.5k)

2. In case you are willing to increase your budget by ~10k, you could check out these options

Cabinets

Monitors

Updated builds after adding the suggested cabinet and monitor :

Bonus builds
https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/3260ba79-7164-4763-9d88-855f35994cba (add a used RX 580 for ~6.5k)

The bundled stock cooler is sufficient enough in most scenarios. But, if you're not gonna add a dedicated GPU and want to travel down the OC route, then you'll need a dedicated cooler to maintain healthy temps at heavy workloads & gaming. If you won't be pushing your system that far, then you could save 2k by not getting an aftermarket cooler.
Thank you so much man really appreciate for now ur suggestions will go good for me
In few months ill go for adding a 6600 so itll still work good?

Honestly in this budget i recommend getting a 2nd hand CPU and GPU, preferably something like Ryzen 3 3300x or 3600x and for GPU nvidia 1060/1070/1650s/2060/amd 6500xt. While 5500gt will work fine you really don't want to depend on an APU as your primary gaming PC.

For monitor:
144hz https://www.amazon.in/LG-Ultragear-Freesync-Premium-Display/dp/B0B5V85CDR/
75hz-100hz? https://www.theitdepot.com/details-Acer+NITRO+VG240Y+E+24+inch+Full+HD+IPS+Monitor_C7P40868.html

Cabinet:
Cheapest I could found that looked alright https://www.vedantcomputers.com/pc-components/cabinet/ant-esports-100-air-mini-gaming-cabinet-white
Yes bro i was looking for it but in future ill upgrade it by adding 6600 so for now i dont want to have a graphic card

Thank you so much man really appreciate for now ur suggestions will go good for me
In few months ill go for adding a 6600 so itll still work good?
You're welcome. Yes, you can add a 6600 without any problems. A 650W PSU has enough juice to handle an RX6600. Heck, you might even be able to overclock your setup a little bit! Till then, you should be able to game at 720p - medium/low settings using the APU in most games.

You're welcome. Yes, you can add a 6600 without any problems. A 650W PSU has enough juice to handle an RX6600. Heck, you might even be able to overclock your setup a little bit! Till then, you should be able to game at 720p - medium/low settings using the APU in most games.
okk boss for now i'll just have a good monitor apart from that coz monitor would go good even after upgrading to 6600 but instead of going with gigabyte g24f 2 i was looking for msi g244f so is it a good decision or bad? and one more thing my motherboard supports pcie3 my ssd is pcie 4 so do it will under perform?

The Gigabyte g24f 2 has slightly higher brightness level (300 nits) compared to MSI's (250 nits). Also, considering the fact that it also supports HDR content along with the additional connectivity options, I would say that the g24f has an edge over MSI's g244f. But ultimately, it's your call to make.
my motherboard supports pcie3 my ssd is pcie 4 so do it will under perform?
A lot of gen 4 SSDs (eg., Adata Legend 800) run at gen 3 speeds. If that's the case, the performance loss would be zero to negligible. But if the gen4 card is really capable (eg., kc3000) of operating at gen 4 speeds, then, yes, there will be performance loss as the SSD will only be able to utilize the gen3 bandwidth of the motherboard which in turn will affect it's read and write speeds. Which SSD are you using? If you are using a faster one or if you plan on getting one in the future, then you might want to consider getting a board with pcie gen 4 support.

The Gigabyte g24f 2 has slightly higher brightness level (300 nits) compared to MSI's (250 nits). Also, considering the fact that it also supports HDR content along with the additional connectivity options, I would say that the g24f has an edge over MSI's g244f. But ultimately, it's your call to make.

A lot of gen 4 SSDs (eg., Adata Legend 800) run at gen 3 speeds. If that's the case, the performance loss would be zero to negligible. But if the gen4 card is really capable (eg., kc3000) of operating at gen 4 speeds, then, yes, there will be performance loss as the SSD will only be able to utilize the gen3 bandwidth of the motherboard which in turn will affect it's read and write speeds. Which SSD are you using? If you are using a faster one or if you plan on getting one in the future, then you might want to consider getting a board with pcie gen 4 support.
I was looking for

Kingston 1Tb Nv2 M.2 2280 PCIe 4.0 NVMe Internal Ssd (SNV2S/1000G​

will there be any other issue as i mentioned its gen 4 with read/write speed of 3500/2100
I was looking for

Kingston 1Tb Nv2 M.2 2280 PCIe 4.0 NVMe Internal Ssd (SNV2S/1000G​

will there be any other issue as i mentioned its gen 4 with read/write speed of 3500/2100
Also suggest me some good keyboard mouse for gaming under 1500 or 2000

Last edited:
Regarding the read speeds, you might face a slight dip (say ~2900MB/s). But the write speeds probably wouldn't get affected. The board you've selected also has only one M.2 slot. In case you wish to add a second SSD in the future, it becomes problematic. With upgradeablility in mind, I would suggest that you choose a motherboard which supports PCIE gen 4 and has multiple M.2/NVme slots. This way, you could continue to upgrade just the components instead of changing the motherboard. If your budget permits, have a look at this :

I take it that you want the combined keyboard and mouse price to be below Rs. 2000?

or

Yes bro i was looking for it but in future ill upgrade it by adding 6600 so for now i dont want to have a graphic card
My point was something like a used 3300x (5000-6000rs) with a GTX 1060 (6000-6500rs) will perform better than Amd Ryzen 5 5500gt (11000rs) for almost the same price.
Not sure if anyone mentioned this above, but for god's sake get a PSU from a reputed manufacturer.
Its a 40k setup. No point getting a really good PSU. Just good enough to do the job without being a fire hazard.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this above, but for god's sake get a PSU from a reputed manufacturer.
Sure man

My point was something like a used 3300x (5000-6000rs) with a GTX 1060 (6000-6500rs) will perform better than Amd Ryzen 5 5500gt (11000rs) for almost the same price.

Its a 40k setup. No point getting a really good PSU. Just good enough to do the job without being a fire hazard.
Okk i'll look for it if i get it in the local stores

Regarding the read speeds, you might face a slight dip (say ~2900MB/s). But the write speeds probably wouldn't get affected. The board you've selected also has only one M.2 slot. In case you wish to add a second SSD in the future, it becomes problematic. With upgradeablility in mind, I would suggest that you choose a motherboard which supports PCIE gen 4 and has multiple M.2/NVme slots. This way, you could continue to upgrade just the components instead of changing the motherboard. If your budget permits, have a look at this :

I take it that you want the combined keyboard and mouse price to be below Rs. 2000?

or

I'm not gonna add another ssd in future i'll add a 2tb hdd for data storage so still i need to change the MB?

Wrong. Spend on the psu, scrimp on the other stuff. No point in having good components if you power them with stuff that can go out and take everything with it.

I also didn't say *really good*. I'm not advocating a platinum efficient thing with a lot of extra stuff like monitoring. Just your basic 80 bronze but from someone that's not bottom tier stuff like ant or zebronics or frontech.

Wrong. Spend on the psu, scrimp on the other stuff. No point in having good components if you power them with stuff that can go out and take everything with it.

I also didn't say *really good*. I'm not advocating a platinum efficient thing with a lot of extra stuff like monitoring. Just your basic 80 bronze but from someone that's not bottom tier stuff like ant or zebronics or frontech.
Okk then what should i go with?

you can get good psu for 3 -4k ,you are spending 40k on a pc a 4k psu should not be a bummer unless you wanna risk it all,also get ssd from a better brand

I'm not gonna add another ssd in future i'll add a 2tb hdd for data storage so still i need to change the MB?
In that case, you don't have to change the motherboard. Just remember that your upgrade options will be limited. Also, as mentioned above, consider getting a good psu.

You can use this psu tier list to find the one that'll suit your budget and requirements

Anything Tier B and above are usually solid choices. I think I had suggested Deepcool PM650D in one of my builds. You could choose to go with Corsair CX 650 if you want since both are Tier B and fall under the same price range (~5k).

Use this calculator to check how much psu wattage is required for your setup

In that case, you don't have to change the motherboard. Just remember that your upgrade options will be limited. Also, as mentioned above, consider getting a good psu.

You can use this psu tier list to find the one that'll suit your budget and requirements

Anything Tier B and above are usually solid choices. I think I had suggested Deepcool PM650D in one of my builds. You could choose to go with Corsair CX 650 if you want since both are Tier B and fall under the same price range (~5k).

Use this calculator to check how much psu wattage is required for your setup
Okk buddy thanks today is the day I'll get my desktop so hope for the best ☺️

Okk buddy thanks today is the day I'll get my desktop so hope for the best ☺️
Sorry just noticed you're getting nv2. The nv series is reputed to be extremely varied in performance because Kingston apparently keeps changing components, to sometimes lower tier components, to keep costs low. It's not necessarily a bad ssd but maybe you can get something better in the budget you have.

Good luck with your build and enjoy your gaming.

I guess we both meant the same thing. One thing I want to add is to look at model number and efficiency rating rather than "a PSU from reputed brand" because we have seen GIGABYTE releasing exploding PSUs in the past. So its rather more about how good a particular model/lineup is than the company its from.

That PSU Tier list a few posts above doesn't contain many models that are in India so unless you are getting exactly whats on the tier list its a hit or miss.

Back