gaming @ 32bit or 64bit?

sachin1

Disciple
hey guys,
i have xp x32 as well as x64.
now what is want to know is that i play games like crysis warhead,cod4,fifa09'
on my 8600gt 256mb ddr3 at medium settings so is it preferable to play games like that on 32 or 64 bit because i think my games lagg a bit no matter the settings are full or low.
help needed please.
even a HD video lags @ 1366x768

my specs-
e5200 @ 2.5ghz
4gb 800mhz ddr2 RAM
g31 mobo
8600gt ddr3 256mb

how much amount of ram does your system have? if you have more than 3gb of ram, then gb bit os would be able to recognise and use it to advantage.

on a second note, vista 64 bit would be better if you are going for a 64bit windows platform, since it was the first full fledged windows OS for a 64 bit platform and now quite stable and mature having 2 service packs released.

sachin1 said:
hey guys,
i have xp x32 as well as x64.
now what is want to know is that i play games like crysis warhead,cod4,fifa09'
on my 8600gt 256mb ddr3 at medium settings so is it preferable to play games like that on 32 or 64 bit because i think my games lagg a bit no matter the settings are full or low.
help needed please.
even a HD video lags @ 1366x768

Either of them, if u have more than 3gb ram 64bit is the way to go.
Yup, HD (1080p) movies were lagging when I was using HD 3300, It still does rarely on lot of minute particle intensive scenes.:(

no mates^^still the games released before 2009 run better on x32.........and many releases today also!
64bit is a less buggy OS but supports less gaming too

my specs-
e5200 @ 2.5ghz
4gb 800mhz ddr2 RAM
g31 mobo
8600gt ddr3 256mb
one of my friends told me the same^^is this really true..need an expert comment please:)

To be honest, as of right now, there arent much real world benifits except for the higher available RAM. Theoretically, a 64 bit processor uses a 64 bit OS better than a 32 bit OS. However, driver and applications support has come a long way since a few years, so there is no reason not to use a 64 bit OS when you have 4GB memory.

Your OS plays a comparatively minor role compared to your GPU which does most of your in-game rendering. To play a game like Crysis at decent settings, you should use at least 512mb card with 64bit OS for best results.

do u have any sense of what you are saying^^
people still believe in 256mb<512<1gb(in gfx card)...............hell it's not RAM ......BTW 8600gt ddr3 is good mainstream ................with no problems it can run crysis @ decent settings:p
read the guide to gfx card in guides and tutorials section

Back