Android Galaxy s4 or Note 2?

hellblog

Disciple
I wasnt able to find a thread which gives the pros and cons of buying an s4 vs note 2. So here's my thread!

My birthday is around the corner and i'm probably going to be getting an s4 :) I already own an s3.

Would s4 be a good phone or should I go with the note 2?

I love the remote, air view and smart features of the s4.. plz help me decide on a good phone and post any deals available online/offline!!!

thankya Te folks :);)

S3 to S4 is not a worthy upgrade given the price.

Note 2 will be a fine choice because the screen is much bigger.

Go for S4 if you have the mula to spare and between S4 and Note 2, S4 seems to be a logically better choice as its a new born baby.

S3 to S4 is not a worthy upgrade given the price.

Note 2 will be a fine choice because the screen is much bigger.

Go for S4 if you have the mula to spare and between S4 and Note 2, S4 seems to be a logically better choice as its a new born baby.

haha.. you mean new born baby with lots of features combined into one baby? :)

thanks for the suggestion.

I feel note 2 a little bulkier.. and i dont like the spen (reminds me of my first china handset :p).. For upgrading to s4 i am looking mainly for using apps.. lots and lots of apps. Any news of when note 3 will be getting released?

Note 3 has no news yet but as per the trend it might be announced in couple of months just like its predecessors after an S variant is launched.

Have personally used all and currently using S4 and I would say its not all that great phone to buy I would any day take the note 2 over the S4.......If size is not an issue go for N2. My .2$.

S4 all the way dude... Since you owned S3 there isnt much diff between S3 n Note 2 except SPen functionality n apps associated with it ...

Have personally used all and currently using S4 and I would say its not all that great phone to buy I would any day take the note 2 over the S4.......If size is not an issue go for N2. My .2$.

why would you rate the s4 down? any particular reason? flaw?

pros of s4 as i see it:

- has IR ( cool to operate tv?)
- octa core
- 441ppi screen
- thermometer :D
- sleek and has all features of note2 except for the screensize?
- air guesture sensors

cons:
s4 doesn't have a radio! :/
16gb promised by touchwiz and others takeup 9gb:confused:

why would you rate the s4 down? any particular reason? flaw?

pros of s4 as i see it:

- has IR ( cool to operate tv?)
- octa core
- 441ppi screen
- thermometer :D
- sleek and has all features of note2 except for the screensize?
- air guesture sensors

1. Have remote to do that :D
2. Do not need so much power, Have a 4 cylinder car's for that :p
3. That's the thing which i really liked :)+ the camera :)
4.That's what u need after spending that king of money.
5.That's what i like.....BIG IS BETTER :D
6. They are pretty annoying use it to feel it, reason u have to point the text/emails to use this feature and i don't have that stable hands for a long text/email

Please take the above as joke have nothing personal against S4 or its user as im one of them.

As for the flaw i really don't think that there are any flaws with the phone but after using the SIII and N2 i think there is not a big difference between the 3 phones, for a user like me who uses his phone of mainly calling/text/emails a even a Android with 1Ghz single core proc will do but the urge of the latest kills it.

Logically, I don't see any reason for a person who already has a s3 to go for a s4. 40k for a couple of extra features. If you had an old nokia phone, then I would say go for it, but you already got an s3. Octagon processor is not needed!

If your going for it for personal reasons like holding the latest piece of technology in your hands, then that's up to you but let me tell you that feeling wears off fast!

If you cant think of things to do with your birthday money, then I can give you suggestions :p

finally its here... Happy birthday to me :D

1369025237305.jpg

1369025323756.jpg

Attachments

• 1369025365005.jpg
    1369025365005.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 148
Welcome to the club :)

Don't worry about less space, some optimizations are on the way. Samsung has taken this issue seriously and will probably provide an upgrade which will free up some more space (plus, developers on XDA are also looking in to this issue). :)

Upgrading from iPhone 4. Can't seem to decide in between s4 and s3/nexus 4.

After using iPhone and an iPad for 3 years everything about android feels odd. But really gotta go above 4". Note 2 is just too big after 3.5" and I use my phone for more then 100 calls per day. Would love a good camera on my phone. I really use my camera. Rest all is not really important as long as it can last for next 2 years. S4 fills that criteria. But so does the other 2 options. N4 just does not have that micro SD slot. But then again were have the dev support which is unmatched.

Anyways, wanted few opinions from people who have switched from iPhone to these.

N4 if you can live without the SD slot and average battery life.

Otherwise S4. Though I would personally wait a month, wait for the price to stabilize and some more software (ROM, Tweaks, etc..) development.

Forgot to wish you in my earlier post. Happy B'day buddy. Enjoy your day. And I hope now that you have bought your phone you wont mind me hijacking the thread.

S4 dude because it has the awesome octa core processor, first & only phone in the world to have that, and the amazing full hd display
"Octa" cores doesn't mean all are used at once. It only means it switches between 2 processors. The sound output on the S4 really put me off and hence went with Note 2. I have good use for a loud speaker phone, S4 speakers are too tiny...

Back